AWS Certified Data Engineer - Associate (DEA-C01) Certification Preparation for AWS (Preview)
This certification Learning Path is specifically designed to prepare you for the new AWS Certified Data Engineer - Associate (DEA-C01). It covers all the elements required across all 4 of the domains outlined in the exam guide. Throughout this learning path, you will be guided via our courses, hands-on labs including some lab challenges, and a preparation exam at the end, all of which are focused on areas that will be assessed within the exam.
This learning path is suitable for anyone wanting to pass the new AWS Certified Data Engineer - Associate (DEA-C01) exam. As defined in the exam guide, which can be found here, the exam has been designed for individuals who perform in a data engineering-focused role. This exam validates an examinee’s comprehensive understanding of using AWS services to implement data pipelines and monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize cost and performance issues in accordance with best practices.
The aim of the certification is to validate your knowledge across key areas, which have been defined by AWS as being able to:
- Understand the AWS services for encryption, governance, protection, and logging of all data that is part of data pipelines
- Compare AWS services to understand the cost, performance, and functional differences between services
- Structure SQL queries and run SQL queries on AWS services
- Understand how to analyze data, verify data quality, and ensure data consistency by using AWS services
As a means of demonstrating this knowledge, you will be tested across 4 different domains, with each domain contributing to a total percentage of your overall score. These domains are broken down as:
- Domain 1: Data Ingestion and Transformation (34% of scored content)
- Domain 2: Data Store Management (26% of scored content)
- Domain 3: Data Operations and Support (22% of scored content)
- Domain 4: Data Security and Governance (18% of scored content)
As you progress through the learning path, you will gain all the information and knowledge required to fulfill the domain expectations, gaining a deep understanding within each area.
We welcome all feedback and suggestions - please contact us at email@example.com if you are unsure about where to start or if you would like help getting started.
Danny has over 20 years of IT experience as a software developer, cloud engineer, and technical trainer. After attending a conference on cloud computing in 2009, he knew he wanted to build his career around what was still a very new, emerging technology at the time — and share this transformational knowledge with others. He has spoken to IT professional audiences at local, regional, and national user groups and conferences. He has delivered in-person classroom and virtual training, interactive webinars, and authored video training courses covering many different technologies, including Amazon Web Services. He currently has six active AWS certifications, including certifications at the Professional and Specialty level.