AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Certification Preparation Update
- 16th August 2019 - Added: 'Using Elastic Load Balancing & EC2 Auto Scaling to support AWS workloads' & 'Deployment Orchestration with AWS Elastic Beanstalk'
- 20th May 2019 - Compute Fundamentals for AWS updated to include content on Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) & Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS)
- 10th April 2018 - One Zone Infrequent Access storage class for Amazon S3 added to Domain Four - Storage Optimization
- 7th June - moved DynamoDB Lab from Fundamentals to Domain One / removed Amazon RedShift Lab from Fundamentals/
- 7th June 2018 - Added Database Fundamentals course to LP
Learning Path Overview
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Examination is intended for those individuals who perform a Solutions Architect role. This exam validates an examinee's ability to effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies. The Cloud Academy Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Learning Path has helped thousands of students master the AWS Solution Architect - Associate Certification. Our certification Learning Path is specifically designed to prepare you for the AWS certification exam released Feb 2018. "Hands-on experience" is mentioned in the first three prerequisites of the AWS Exam Blueprint, so we have included more hands-on Labs in this latest release of our Learning Path to fast track your learning and help you succeed.
This Learning Path is suitable for anyone wanting to become an AWS Solution Architect and to pass the AWS Solution Architect Associate Certification exam. Until August 2018 AWS will have two versions of the Solution Architect Associate Exam available. If you are new to the Solution Architect Associate exam, we suggest starting this new Learning Path building around the latest certification exam guide.
A basic understanding of cloud computing will help. We provide an introduction to AWS services, however, if you are new to cloud computing you might want to consider completing our What is Cloud Computing? Course first.
What's Included in the AWS Solution Architect Associate Certification Preparation:
- 28 high definition video courses
- 23 hands-on labs
- 10 quiz sessions
- A final preparation Exam
- Recognize and explain the core AWS services and applications
- Determine and define Resilient Architectures
- Determine and define Performant Architectures
- Determine and specify how to secure architectures and applications
- Determine and define cost efficient architectures
- Determine operationally efficient architectures
Built around the five domains of the AWS exam guide, this Learning Path provides over 57 hours of curated content - including 24 hands-on Labs, summary checkpoints, chalk talks, flash cards, exam tips, and a final preparation Exam to help get ready for sitting the certification exam. With this Learning Path, you will have everything you need to prepare for demonstrating your ability to design cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services.
The Learning Path agenda is as follows:
Introduction to AWS Compute, Storage and Databases
First, we learn to recognize and explain the fundamental compute storage, and database services that we need to know for the AWS Solutions Architect–Associate exam.
Domain one: Designing Resilient Architectures
- Learn how to recognize and select the most appropriate storage service
- Learn how to select and design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services
- Determine how to design a multi-tier architecture solution
- Determine how to design highly available, architectures using AWS services
Domain two: Defining Performant Architectures
- Learn how to recognize and select performant storage and databases
- Learn how to select and apply caching to improve performance
- Learn how to use AWS services together to design solutions for elasticity and scalability
Domain three: Securing Applications and Architectures
- Learn how to secure application tiers
- Determine how to secure data at rest and in transit
- Learn how to design and secure a virtual private network and manage access to assets and services within it
Domain four: Designing Cost-Optimized Architectures
- Learn how to select and design cost-optimized storage
- Determine how to select and design and cost-optimized compute
Domain five: Defining Operationally-Excellent Architectures
- Learn how to apply your knowledge of AWS services to define and continuously optimize a solution design for operational efficiency
- An Exam primer
- A final 130-minute exam simulation to help you prepare for sitting the AWS certification Exam
We welcome all feedback and suggestions - please contact us at email@example.com if you are unsure about where to start or if would like help getting started.
What skills are required for cloud computing?
In today’s cloud computing sphere there are numerous skills and abilities required to be considered capable to be able to professionally and successfully execute. These skills include (and are not limited to): Database and programming skills, Linux, DevOps, quality assurance, and information security.
What does a Cloud Architect do?
A Cloud Architect is an IT specialist who is responsible for deploying overseeing a company’s cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Cloud architects oversee application architecture and deployment in cloud environments.
How many AWS Solution Architects are there?
As of today, there are around 26,000+ Solutions Architects in the industry. With AWS offering, both Associate and Professional, certifications; you can push your skills and credibility to further success with these invaluable certifications.
How long does it take to study for AWS certification?
To study for an AWS certification around other commitments usually takes around two months. This involves investing about 80 hours of study. For complete beginners 120 hours would be more advisable, giving a chance to start with the fundamentals and then moving on to the next stages.
How long does AWS certification last?
Recertification is required every three years for all AWS Certifications. six months before the credential is about to expire, AWS will send an email notification reminding you to recertify your credentials.
What is the difference between a Solution Architect and Technical Architect?
Though similar in name and both ensuring that networks operate efficiently, the Solution Architect and Technical Architect roles both specialize in different areas. Focusing on an organization’s overall needs, a solutions architect varies from a technical, where the technical focus on a specific area.
Andrew is fanatical about helping business teams gain the maximum ROI possible from adopting, using, and optimizing Public Cloud Services. Having built 70+ Cloud Academy courses, Andrew has helped over 50,000 students master cloud computing by sharing the skills and experiences he gained during 20+ years leading digital teams in code and consulting. Before joining Cloud Academy, Andrew worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe.