Solutions Architect – Associate Certification Preparation for AWS - Feb 2018
In Feb 2018 AWS released an updated version of the Solution Architect Associate Exam. We have built this learning path round this new exam guide. Up until August 2018 you have a choice about which exam you sit - the previous version or the new version. We have learning paths for both the new exam and the previous exam. So which one should you choose? We suggest watching this video for a view on the differences between each exam and advice on which learning path might suit you best!
Just email us at email@example.com If you need help or advice.
The Cloud Academy Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Learning Path has helped thousands of students master the AWS Solution Architect - Associate certification. This iteration of our certification Learning Path is specifically designed to prepare you for the AWS certification exam released Feb 2018. "Hands on experience" is mentioned in the first three pre-requisites of the AWS exam blueprint, so we have included more hands on labs in this latest release of our Learning Path to fast track your learning and help you succeed.
This learning path is suitable for anyone wanting to become an AWS Solution Architect and to pass the AWS Solution Architect Associate Certification exam. Until August 2018 AWS will have two versions of the Solution Architect Associate exam available. If you are new to the Solution Architect Associate exam we suggest starting this new learning path build around the latest certification exam guide. If you prefer to sit or renew the previous exam then you should choose our previous learning path.
A basic understanding of cloud computing will help. We provide an introduction to AWS services, however if you are new to cloud computing you might want to consider completing our What is Cloud Computing? Course first.
27 high definition video courses, 24 hands on labs, 6 quiz sessions, study guides and a final preparation exam.
- Recognize and explain the core AWS services and applications.
- Determine and define Resilient Architectures.
- Determine and define Performant Architectures.
- Determine and specify how to secure architectures and applications.
- Determine and define cost efficient architectures.
- Determine operationally efficient architectures.
Built around the five domains of the AWS exam guide, this learning path provides over 39 hours of curated content - including 24 hands on labs, summary check points, chalk talks, flash cards, exam tips and a final preparation exam to help get ready for sitting the certification exam. With this learning path, you will have everything you need to prepare for demonstrating your ability to design cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services. The Learning path agenda is as follows:
Introduction to AWS Compute, Storage, and Services
- First we learn to recognize and explain the fundamental compute, storage, and service offerings that we need to know for the AWS Solutions Architect–Associate exam.
Domain one: Designing Resilient Architectures
- Learn how to recognize and select the most appropriate storage service.
- Learn how to select and design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services.
- Determine how to design a multi-tier architecture solution.
- Determine how to design highly available, fault tolerant architectures using AWS services.
Domain two: Defining Performant Architectures
- Learn how to recognize and select performant storage and databases.
- Learn how to select and apply caching to improve performance.
- Learn how to use AWS services together to design solutions for elasticity and scalability.
Domain three: Securing Applications and Architectures
- Learn how to secure application tiers.
- Determine how to secure data at rest and in transit.
- Learn how to design and secure a virtual private network and manage access to assets and services within it.
Domain four: Designing Cost-Optimized Architectures
- Learn how to select and design cost-optimized storage.
- Determine how to select and design and cost-optimized compute.
Domain five: Defining Operationally-Excellent Architectures
- Learn how to apply your knowledge of AWS services to define an continuously optimize a solution design for operationally efficiency.
- Flash cards
- An exam primer
- A final 130 minute exam simulation to help you prepare for sitting the AWS certification exam.
We welcome all feedback and suggestions - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure about where to start or if would like help getting started.
10th April 2018 - One Zone Infrequent Access storage class for Amazon S3 added to Domain Four - Storage Optimization