Please note that this learning path is out of date as of March 6th 2023 and has been replaced with a new learning path which you can find here.
Specifically designed to help you prepare for the AWS DevOps Engineer - Professional Certification, this hands-on learning path provides over 60 hours of interactive content comprised of hands-on labs, video courses, and a preparation exam. This training content has been carefully created to help you study for this AWS certification.
This learning path is suitable for those wanting to pass the AWS DevOps Engineer - Professional Certification Exam.
This is one of the two professional-level certifications available with AWS and it's guided to those who already have experience with AWS, and ideally, have already passed the AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam, but this is not a prerequisite in taking this certification.
The aim of the certification is to validate your knowledge across a number of different key areas, which have been defined by AWS as being able to:
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
As a means of demonstrating this knowledge, you will be tested across 6 different domains, with each domain contributing to a total percentage of your overall score. These domains are broken down as:
- Domain 1: SDLC Automation 22%
- Domain 2: Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code 19%
- Domain 3: Monitoring and Logging 15%
- Domain 4: Policies and Standards Automation 10%
- Domain 5: Incident and Event Response 18%
- Domain 6: High Availability, Fault Tolerance and Disaster Recovery 16%
As you progress through the learning path, you will gain all the information and knowledge required to fulfill the domain expectations, gaining a deep understanding of each area.
We welcome all feedback and suggestions - please contact us at email@example.com if you are unsure about where to start or if you would like help getting started.
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 150+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 180,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.