In this advanced learning path we take a legacy monolithic .Net application and re-architect it to use a combination of cloud services to increase scalability, performance, and manageability. With over 9 hours of practical developer focused content, this blend of instructional videos and hands on labs will empower you and your teams to begin refactoring, and modernizing legacy applications to make use of cloud microservices.
- Understand the principles and patterns associated with microservices
- Understand the principles and patterns associated with Restful APIs
- Understand important requirements to consider when migrating a monolithic application into a microservices architecture
- Understand the benefits of using microservices and associated software patterns and tools to build microservice based applications at speed and scale
- Understand tradeoffs between different architectural approaches
- Become familiar and comfortable with modern open source technologies such as Dotnet Core, Docker, Docker Compose, Linux, Terraform, Swagger, and React
- Become familiar with Docker and Container orchestration runtimes to host and run containers, such as Docker Compose, Amazon ECS using Fargate, and Amazon EKS
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- A basic understanding of Devops and CI/CD practices
- Familiarity with Dotnet and C#
- Familiarity with AWS
- Software Developers and Architects
- DevOps Practitioners interested in CI/CD implementation
- Anyone interested in understanding and adopting Microservices and Restful APIs within their own organisation
- Anyone interested in modernising an existing application
- Anyone interested in Docker and Containers in general
- Anyone interested in container orchestration runtimes such as Kubernetes
Related Training Content
Learning Path Steps
Welcome, overview and prerequisites for the Learning Path
Introduction In this advanced course we take a legacy monolithic .Net application and re-architect it to use a combination of cloud services to increase, scalability, performance and manageability. Learning Objectives This course will enable yo...
Get started with Docker on Linux for AWS: Go from 0 to 60 in this lab from installing Docker to running your first app inside a container.
Learn how to implement software development, testing, and delivery using Docker with this Cloud Academy Lab.
Microservices - Design and Implementation
Introduction In this advanced course we take a legacy monolithic .Net application and re-architect it to use a combination of cloud services to increase, scalability, performance and manageability. Learning Objectives This course will enable you...
Explore infrastructure as code, learn how to create AWS resources with Terraform and configure Terraform providers in this new Hands-on Lab.
Import existing resources, understand interpolation syntax, and use variables to generalize configurations while you manage AWS resources with Terraform.
Learn how to design, configure, secure and test HTTP endpoints, using AWS Lambda as backend.
Deploy a stateless application in a Kubernetes cluster that you build from the ground up in this Lab
Learning Path Summary
Microservices - Build and Deploy
About the Author
Jeremy is a Cloud Researcher and Trainer at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for security, AI, and machine learning for both AWS and GCP cloud platforms.
He has a strong background in development and coding, and has been hacking with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years.
In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on Cloud, Security, AI, Machine Learning, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, and CICD.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both AWS and GCP platforms.