Refactoring a Monolithic .Net Application to use Cloud Services
In this advanced learning path, we take a legacy monolithic .Net application and re-architect it to use a combination of cloud services to increase scalability, performance, and manageability. With over 9 hours of practical developer-focused content, this blend of instructional videos and hands-on labs will empower you and your teams to begin refactoring, and modernizing legacy applications to make use of cloud microservices.
- Understand the principles and patterns associated with microservices
- Understand the principles and patterns associated with Restful APIs
- Understand important requirements to consider when migrating a monolithic application into a microservices architecture
- Understand the benefits of using microservices and associated software patterns and tools to build microservice-based applications at speed and scale
- Understand tradeoffs between different architectural approaches
- Become familiar and comfortable with modern open source technologies such as Dotnet Core, Docker, Docker Compose, Linux, Terraform, Swagger, and React
- Become familiar with Docker and Container orchestration runtimes to host and run containers, such as Docker Compose, Amazon ECS using Fargate, and Amazon EKS
- A basic understanding of software development
- A basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- A basic understanding of DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Familiarity with Dotnet and C#
- Familiarity with AWS
- Software Developers and Architects
- DevOps Practitioners interested in CI/CD implementation
- Anyone interested in understanding and adopting Microservices and Restful APIs within their own organization
- Anyone interested in modernizing an existing application
- Anyone interested in Docker and Containers in general
- Anyone interested in container orchestration runtimes such as Kubernetes
Related Training Content
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).