The Get Started Building Cloud Solutions learning path is designed to help you enhance your practical knowledge of the latest AWS tools and services. This learning path assumes a general knowledge of computing and is ideal for students who are looking to broaden their practical knowledge of cloud services, serverless computing, and container services.
First, we learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing and explore the differences between the various cloud providers. We then build our knowledge of cloud services, starting with the fundamentals of AWS compute and AWS storage. Next, we learn how serverless computing and AWS managed services can be used together to build highly available solutions.
We accelerate your knowledge and ability to use Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, and Container Services. With a combination of courses and hands-on labs, we learn to recognize and implement the practical aspects of building serverless solutions. We then progress through to learn to recognize and explain how to select which AWS services could be used in a solution design.
- Learn the core concepts of cloud computing and its benefits for business
- Get a foundational understanding of AWS and learn about its compute and storage capabilities
- Learn about serverless computing, serverless functions, and how to use AQWS Lambda to scale your code
- Learn about Amazon API Gateway
- Learn about containers and how to use them in your cloud environments
- Get a practical understanding of how to build AWS infrastructure
This learning path is ideal for students who are looking to broaden their practical knowledge of cloud services, serverless computing, and container services.
This is a beginner-level learning path and so no prior knowledge of cloud computing is required, however, general knowledge of computing would be highly beneficial.
- 20th May 2019 - Compute Fundamentals for AWS updated to include content on Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) & Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS)
- May 9, 2018 - Added Learning Path Exam
Head of Content
Andrew is an AWS certified professional who is passionate about helping others learn how to use and gain benefit from AWS technologies. Andrew has worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe. His favorite Amazon leadership principle is "Customer Obsession" as everything AWS starts with the customer. Passions around work are cycling and surfing, and having a laugh about the lessons learnt trying to launch two daughters and a few start ups.