The Getting Started With Serverless Computing learning path provides a practical introduction to the world of serverless computing.
We start with an overview of what serverless computing is and how it can be used in modern-day application design. We then learn how to create restful application interfaces and to create simple serverless functions using the AWS Lambda service. We then walk through creating an API Gateway endpoint, a Lambda function using mock data and then a Lambda function to query and return data from our API gateway.
The learning path includes a mix of courses with hands-on labs to help you fully understand the concepts of serverless computing and learn the hands-on aspects of building serverless solutions.
We are going to do a LOT of labs in this learning path!
Labs are the best way to understand the benefits of Lambda. The best way to learn how to use it is to get your hands dirty trying it out for yourself! The labs extend your knowledge and understanding and show you how to get the most benefit from Lambda functions in processing day to day tasks.
By the end of this learning path, you will be able to recognize and explain the core aspects of serverless computing.
- Learn what serverless computing is and how it differs from traditional computing models
- Use AWS Lambda to run and scale your code
- Use the Amazon API Gateway service to create an API
- Create and use serverless functions to build a simple application
- Get hands-on practical experience of AWS services including Lambda, Step Functions, and API Gateway
- Understand the ins and outs of security in serverless computing
- Developers or IT solutions architects
- Anyone looking to learn how to incorporate serverless computing into their architectures
To get the most out of this learning path, you should have a basic understanding of IT infrastructures. High-level knowledge of Amazon Web Services would also be beneficial.
Head of Content
Andrew is an AWS certified professional who is passionate about helping others learn how to use and gain benefit from AWS technologies. Andrew has worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe. His favorite Amazon leadership principle is "Customer Obsession" as everything AWS starts with the customer. Passions around work are cycling and surfing, and having a laugh about the lessons learnt trying to launch two daughters and a few start ups.