Learn the components and use cases of the Amazon Kinesis service and get started using Amazon Kinesis to create solutions and solve business problems.
- Learn to recognize and explain the core components of the Amazon Kinesis Service.
- Learn how to get data in and out of an Amazon Kinesis Data Stream, and how streaming data is modeled.
- Learn how to set up, create and manage Amazon Kinesis services.
- Explore the Amazon Kinesis Analytics service, including where and when to use this service to best effect
- Learn how to use Kinesis Data Analytics to sessionize sample clickstream data and output it to DynamoDB using a Lambda.
- Learn to evaluate, select and apply the Amazon Kinesis services as a way to meet a set of business requirements.
- Build the Kinesis-based solution discussed in the scenario in a hands-on lab environment.
This learning path is intended for people that want to learn about Amazon Kinesis, what it does, and why it's important.
No prior knowledge of Amazon Kinesis or streaming data is required for this course but you should have some basic experience with the AWS platform.
Head of Content
Andrew is an AWS certified professional who is passionate about helping others learn how to use and gain benefit from AWS technologies. Andrew has worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe. His favorite Amazon leadership principle is "Customer Obsession" as everything AWS starts with the customer. Passions around work are cycling and surfing, and having a laugh about the lessons learnt trying to launch two daughters and a few start ups.