AWS offers many scalable storage solutions to suit a variety of use cases. In this learning path, we will introduce these services and discuss their cost and performance implications. You will also be guided through a series of hands-on labs and hands-on lab challenges to gain practical experience working with AWS storage services in real-world scenarios.
To provide a solid understanding of AWS storage services, covering the following features and components:
- AWS storage fundamentals
- Architecting solutions with AWS storage services
- Object storage using Amazon S3
- Block storage with Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- File storage with Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) and Amazon FSx
- Performance factors across AWS storage services
- Using AWS Storage Gateway in a hybrid storage solution
- Understanding and optimizing AWS storage costs
- Performing data transfers using AWS DataSync
This learning path has been designed for those who are responsible for maintaining, managing, and securing cloud storage in AWS. It would also be advantageous to Solution Architects and those looking to take an Associate or Professional level AWS certification.
You should have a basic understanding of cloud computing and AWS core services such as VPC and EC2.
Danny has over 20 years of IT experience as a software developer, cloud engineer, and technical trainer. After attending a conference on cloud computing in 2009, he knew he wanted to build his career around what was still a very new, emerging technology at the time — and share this transformational knowledge with others. He has spoken to IT professional audiences at local, regional, and national user groups and conferences. He has delivered in-person classroom and virtual training, interactive webinars, and authored video training courses covering many different technologies, including Amazon Web Services. He currently has six active AWS certifications, including certifications at the Professional and Specialty level.