- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
AWS CDK Tokens represent resource attributes or values that are meant to be resolved during later stages of a CDK application's lifecycle. Tokens can be resolved in either the synthesis or deployment stage of your application. CDK tokens can serve as placeholders within your stack definitions in order to build your infrastructure without requiring the actual values of certain attributes. Dynamically resolved tokens improve the reusability of your stack definitions.
In this lab, you will deploy a CDK application that uses tokens to define certain resource attributes. The values for each token will be sourced from AWS CloudFormation deployment parameters or the AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store.
Upon completion of this intermediate-level lab, you will be able to:
- Explore the differences between resolving tokens at deployment vs. synthesis time
- Deploy an AWS CDK application using AWS CloudFormation Parameters
- Access AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store in your CDK stack
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- AWS CDK
- Amazon S3
- AWS Lambda
- AWS CloudFormation
- AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisite:
Jun is a Cloud Labs Developer with previous experience as a Software Engineer and Cloud Developer. He holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer Professional certifications. He also holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, and SysOps Administrator Associate certifications.
Jun is focused on giving back to the growing cloud community by sharing his knowledge and experience with students and creating engaging content.