Configuring Distribution Styles and Table Access in Amazon Redshift
The hands-on lab is part of this learning path
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon Redshift is a fully-managed data warehouse service you can use in the public AWS cloud. It's scalable, cost-effective, and stores your data securely.
Amazon Redshift supports configuration of data storage and access control. Anyone aiming to be proficient at working with Databases in AWS will benefit from learning how to use these features.
In this hands-on lab, you will use the PostgreSQL command-line client to connect to an Amazon Redshift cluster and configure table distributions styles and access for subsets of data.
Upon completion of this beginner-level lab, you will be able to:
- Connect to an Amazon Redshift cluster using the PostgreSQL command-line client
- Create tables and load data into them
- Set distribution styles on tables
- Configure column-level and row-level access
- Candidates for AWS Certified Data Analytics Specialty certification
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- The Bash command-line
- PostgresSQL and Amazon Redshift
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.