- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is fully-managed publish and subscribe service from Amazon Web Services (AWS). It's widely used in solutions built on AWS and can be flexibly combined with other services from AWS to produce sophisticated systems. Amazon SNS supports applying filters to subscriptions and allows for complex message filtering behavior.
Learning how to create and configure Amazon SNS topics and subscriptions will make you more effective at developing and deploying solutions built on AWS.
In this hands-on laboratory, you will create an Amazon SNS topic, subscribe Amazon SQS queues to it, create subscription filters, and publish Amazon SNS messages.
Upon completion of this beginner-level lab, you will be able to:
- Create an Amazon SNS topic
- Create topic subscriptions with filters applied
- Publish messages to your Amazon SNS topic
- Use Amazon CloudWatch charts to observe resource metrics
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- AWS Lambda
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon CloudWatch
The following content can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.