Using AWS Lambda Functions to Process Amazon SQS Messages
AWS Lambda and Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) are offerings from Amazon Web Services that when combined enable you to perform background job processing without having to provision or manage servers. AWS Lambda and Amazon SQS are scalable and low-cost.
Using these services together means you can avoid the time and complexity associated with creating and managing the infrastructure required for a message processing system.
In this lab, you will create a new AWS Lambda function, update the function's code, and configure the function to process messages from an Amazon SQS queue.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Create an AWS Lambda function
- Implement and test an AWS Lambda function
- Configure an AWS Lambda function to process messages from an Amazon SQS queue
- Candidates for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification
- Cloud Architects
- Data Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- AWS Lambda
- Amazon Simple Queue Service
The following lab and courses can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
- Understanding AWS Lambda to Run & Scale Your Code
- Manage Message Queues Using Amazon SQS
- Python for Beginners
December 7th, 2023 - Updated screenshots & instructions to reflect the latest UI
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.