Ready for the real environment experience?
AWS CloudFormation is an infrastructure as code (IaC) tool that allows you to declaratively define your cloud resources in textual templates. CloudFormation enables robust and easily repeatable deployments.
Custom resources in AWS CloudFormation enable you to provision infrastructure outside of AWS, such as third-party or organization-specific resources. By using custom resources, you can manage all of your resources in one place.
In this lab, you will implement an AWS Lambda that can be used to provision a non-AWS resource. And you will create an AWS CloudFormation stack containing a custom resource that is backed by the AWS Lambda function.
Upon completion of this beginner level lab, you will be able to:
- Implement and deploy an AWS Lambda function
- Author an AWS CloudFormation template containing a custom resource
- Create, update, and delete an AWS CloudFormation stack
- Candidates for the AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
- Cloud Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Software Engineers
Familiarity with the following will be beneficial but is not required:
- AWS Lambda
- AWS CloudFormation
The following courses and labs can be used to fulfill the prerequisites:
- Introduction to AWS Lambda
- Hands-On CloudFormation for Deploy Scalability
- Programming with Python Introduction
- Advanced Use of AWS CloudFormation
August 31, 2021 - Enhance Introduction sections to provide more details on what will be performed and why in each lab step
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.