This year’s AWS Summit in London is an excellent opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of cloud computing. The event kicks off on Wednesday, June 28 at the ICC Capital Hall in London.
With a keynote, 45 breakout sessions, and a variety of activities packed into the agenda, you’ll want to plan ahead to make the most of your day. Cloud Academy is here to help. Our Cloud Evangelist Alex Casalboni and our AWS trainer and security specialist Stuart Scott will be attending the event, and they’ve shared the sessions and activities that they will be looking forward to during the day.
As a proud sponsor of AWS Summit London, you can find us in booth #S7 throughout the event. We’ll have a special giveaway that you won’t want to miss! Read on for the sessions and events that we’re looking forward to, and how to connect with us at the show.
- Keynote. AWS CTO Werner Vogels will be on hand to deliver the kick-off keynote address with Gavin Jackson, Managing Director, AWS UK and Ireland at 9.45 a.m. Vogels is known for announcing new services in his keynotes, so we’re expecting (and hoping) to hear some exciting news in this session.
- Security sessions. At AWS Summits, the breakout sessions cover a range of new and existing AWS solutions delivered by subject matter experts or customers sharing their real-world experiences. The London summit has five blocks of nine sessions each spread out over the course of the day. That’s over 45 sessions to choose from!
If you’re interested in services and techniques for ensuring secure workloads on AWS, (who isn’t?), our security expert Stuart Scott has several security-related sessions on his agenda:
- Security at Scale with AWS, by Dave Walker, Security Solutions Architect Amazon Web Services: The first breakout session of the day, starting at 11.50 a.m.
- Advanced techniques for DDos Mitigation and Web Application Defense: This session will look at some of the advanced techniques for protecting and monitoring AWS networks & resources using services such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Amazon Web Application Firewall, and Amazon Shield. Led by Andrew Kane, Solutions Architect, AWS.
- Automating Security in Cloud Workload with DevSecOps by Chris McCurdy, Global Solutions Architect, AWS: A great session for security engineers and other professionals who want to learn how to use a DevSecOps approach to design and build robust security controls at cloud-scale.
- Deep Dive sessions. As part of the breakout sessions, these advanced sessions go deep into architecture and code. Alex is looking forward to learning about new services such as AWS CodeStar, AWS X-Ray, Amazon Athena, etc. Here are the deep dive sessions on his agenda:
- Getting Started with AWS Lambda and the Serverless Cloud with Ian Massingham Chief Evangelist, EMEA Amazon Web Services. In addition to talking about Lambda basics, this session will introduce some of the other AWS services that you can use to build serverless applications with Lamba, such as Amazon API Gateway, Amazon DynamoDB, and AWS Step Functions.
- Deep Dive on AWS X-Ray with Randall Hunt, Technical Evangelist, AWS: This session promises a live demo of a new service, AWS X-Ray, a distributed tracing service that helps developers analyze and debug distributed applications. We’ve also taken a peek at X-Ray: Check out our post for an overview of the AWS X-Ray Distributed Tracing System.
- Deep Dive on AWS CodeStar with Tara Walker, Technical Evangelist, AWS: AWS CodeStar can help you accelerate application delivery. This session offers a deep dive into how AWS CodeStar works, and how you can use it to quickly implement a CI/CD workflow.
- Deep Dive on Serverless Application Development with Danilo Poccia, Technical Evangelist, AWS: More for serverless developers here! This session will talk about best practices for application lifecycle management, how to use AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild, and AWS CloudFormation to deploy serverless applications and more.
- Learn about the Amazon way. It’s always interesting to take a look under the hood to understand how a company works from the inside out. Alex has highlighted these two sessions related to Amazon culture on his list: “Life at AWS” and “Startups Hiring the Amazon Way.”
- Win a Cloud Academy membership. In the Cloud Academy booth, we’re looking forward to connecting with you, our community members! We’ve got a cool new app in the works that will allow you to enter to win a Cloud Academy membership! Visit us in booth #S7 to talk about your favorite AWS services for a chance to win.
Throughout the day, the Cloud Academy team—our founder Stefano, Alex, Stuart, and Alessandro—will be in the booth to take your questions and discuss your cloud training requirements. You’ll be able to get a first-hand look at our courses, hands-on labs, and quizzes, and see the latest Cloud Academy content. We’ll also be on hand to demo our Cloud Academy for Enterprise platform to show you how Cloud Academy for Teams can help you build, develop, and update cloud skills across the enterprise.
See you at AWS Summit London!
Cloud Academy is Coming to the AWS Summits in Atlanta, London, and Chicago
Cloud Academy is a proud sponsor of the 2019 AWS Summits in Atlanta, London, and Chicago. We hope you plan to attend these free events that bring the cloud computing community together to connect, collaborate, and learn about AWS. These events are all about learning. You can learn how t...
What are the Best Practices for a Large-Scale Cloud Migration?
For organizations of any size, migrating to the cloud presents a challenge. Leaders have many decisions to make, including which applications to migrate and how to connect such activities to business use cases. Large-scale migrations are the specialty of David Turretini, Worldwide Lead...
AWS Summit Chicago: New AWS Features Announced
Thousands of cloud practitioners descended on Chicago’s McCormick Place West last week to hear the latest updates around Amazon Web Services (AWS). While a typical hot and humid summer made its presence known outside, attendees inside basked in the comfort of air conditioning to hone th...
From Monolith to Serverless – The Evolving Cloudscape of Compute
Containers can help fragment monoliths into logical, easier to use workloads. The AWS Summit New York was held on July 17 and Cloud Academy sponsored my trip to the event. As someone who covers enterprise cloud technologies and services, the recent Amazon Web Services event was an insig...
AWS Summit New York 2018: Keynote Highlights
Despite heavy afternoon rains that caused downtime for portions of the Javits Center, an estimated 10,000 cloud computing practitioners descended upon New York City this week for AWS Summit. With access to a vendor exposition and breakout sessions focused on technical and non-techni...
AWS Summit New York: Sessions You Can’t Miss
Cloud Academy is proud to be a sponsor at the AWS Summit New York on Tuesday, July 17 in New York City. This event is an opportunity for organizations to learn how they can stay ahead of the curve in areas including artificial intelligence (AI), security, cost optimization, cloud migrat...
4 Takeaways from AWS Summit London
The other week, our team attended AWS Summit London, the first of several AWS Summits that we’ll sponsor this year. The London event included a day of workshops on Wednesday, followed by a full agenda of open sessions and a keynote from Amazon CTO Dr. Werner Vogels on Thursday.With ...
AWS Summit London 2018: Our Top Picks
Cloud Academy is proud to be a sponsor of AWS Summit London coming up May 9-10 at the ICC, ExCeL, London.Join us in booth S24, Level 1 where our AWS experts will be on hand to answer your questions and walk you through our latest content and newest platform features. Ask us about y...
Visit Cloud Academy at the AWS Public Sector Summit, June 12-14
Our AWS Summit sponsorship will bring us to Washington, D.C. this week for the AWS Public Sector Summit, held June 12-14 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. We’ll be in booth #565, where you can get a close-up look at the Cloud Academy platform, and you’ll have a chance to re...
Visit Cloud Academy at AWS Summit 2017 Auckland
As always, I love coming back to these pages to connect with the Cloud Academy community. Today, I’m writing to let you know about another way that we can connect over the coming months: AWS Summits.This year, the Cloud Academy team is logging a lot of air miles as we travel to even...
Cloud Academy Sponsors AWS Summit – Sydney, 2017
We are proud of our partnership with Amazon Web Services and today, we are thrilled to share that we will be one of the sponsors at next week’s AWS Summit Sydney, April 5-6, 2017. In addition, we are also sponsoring the AWS Partner Summit on April 4, 2017.We will be at booth S20, p...
4 Takeaways from AWS re:Invent 2016
AWS re:Invent 2016: 4 Takeaways Looking back on AWS re:Invent 2016, we have a great wrap up of the many announcements made during the show. Check out Alex’s great posts for all the details. Even if you weren’t able to be at the event, there are some simple takeaways for cloud students ...