This course will provide you with a good foundation to better understand Amazon Kinesis, along with helping you to get started with building streamed solutions. In this course we'll put a heavier emphasis on hands-on demos along with breaking down the concepts and introducing you to the components that make up Amazon Kinesis.
- People working with Big Data
- Business intelligence
- Demonstrate knowledge of Amazon Kinesis, what are the core aspects of the service (streams, firehose, analytics), their common use cases, big data use cases, and how do you access / integrate with the Kinesis service Demonstrate how to work with and create Kinesis streams
- Demonstrate how to work with Kinesis Firehose and how to use Firehose with Redshift
- Set up monitoring and analysis of the stream services
- Understand the how to extract analysis from Kinesis
This Course Includes:
- 45 minutes of high-definition video
- Live demonstrations on key course concepts
What You'll Learn:
- Course Intro: What to expect from this course
- Setting Up CLI on the Linux OS: A demo on setting up the Amazon command line on a Linux operating system.
- Setting Up CLI on the Windows OS: A demo on setting up the Amazon command line on a Windows operating system.
- What is Streaming Data: An overview of streaming data and it’s common uses.
- Setting Up Kinesis Agent: In this demo, we're working with installing the Amazon Kinesis Stream agent.
- Kinesis Streams: An overview of Kinesis Streams, what they do, and common use cases.
- Performing Basic Stream Operations: In this demo, we'll be pulling a basic Amazon Kinesis stream from the command line.
- Firehose: In this lesson we'll be discussing the fully managed solution,Amazon Kinesis Firehose.
- Firehose Delivery Stream: In this demo we're going to set up an Amazon Kinesis Firehose stream.
- Testing Delivery Stream: In this lesson we're going to do a quick follow up to the Firehose stream, and test the data delivery.
- Kinesis Analytics: In this lesson we'll go over the analytics components of Kinesis.
- Kinesis Analytics Demo: In this demo we're going to begin working with Amazon Kinesis Analytics.
- Kinesis Features Comparison: In this lesson, we'll compare some products within the Amazon Kinesis suite, as well as some other Amazon services.
- Course Conclusion: A wrap-up and review of the course.