Continuous integration is the first step toward a completely automated development, deployment and operations pipeline. It helps to mitigate integration issues, and catch known issues early via automated testing. If you're new to continuous integration, this course is a great place to start. We'll explore the various tools, technologies, and vocabularies surrounding the continuous integration ecosystem, as well as introduce you to the key tools of the trade that will enable you to get a headstart in your burgeoning DevOps career.
You will gain the following skills by completing this course:
- How to set up your development environment.
- How version control works.
- How to begin implementing testing in your environment.
- The why and how of database schema migrations.
- What Jenkins is and why you should care.
You should take this course if you are:
- A newcomer to the DevOps or cloud world.
- Looking to upgrade your skills from a conventional software development career.
This Course Includes
- Expert-guided lectures about continuous integration.
- 57 minutes of high-definition video.
- Solid foundational knowledge for your explorations into DevOps.
What You'll Learn
|Video Lecture||What You'll Learn|
|What Is CI?||What continuous integration is and why it matters.|
|Creating a Development Environment||How to set up your development environment.|
|Version Control||How version control interacts with the CI process.|
|Testing||How to mechanize your testing with CI.|
|Database Schema Changes||How to implement and run database schema changes.|
|Introduction to Jenkins||An overview of Jenkins and how to utilize it within your CI process.|
Do you have questions on this course? Contact our cloud experts in our community forum.