Amazon Rekognition Concepts
Amazon Rekognition Demonstrations
Amazon Rekognition Course Review
The course is part of these learning paths
In this course, you'll learn about Amazon Rekognition, a service that enables you to easily and quickly integrate computer vision features directly into your own applications. At its core, Amazon Rekognition provides an API that you submit images and/or videos to. You then instruct the Rekognition service to perform a specific analysis on the media. The analysis can be anything from detecting faces within an image to extracting labels from a video in an asynchronous manner.
We’ll provide in-depth reviews of the image, video, and collection based API sets. Amazon Rekognition makes it easy to add image and video analysis to your applications. You simply submit your image or video to the Rekognition service, and the service will then identify objects, people, text, scenes, emotions, and activities. Additionally the service can be used to moderate content, by detecting inappropriate or objectionable content.
We finish the course with a couple of demonstrations:
- In the 1st demonstration we will show you how to use Amazon Rekognition together with S3 and CloudFront for hosting, to build a simple facial analysis static web application.
- In the 2nd demonstration we will show you how to use the AWSCLI to implement an object and feature detection system that sends an email when certain features are detected within an image.
Both demonstrations will highlight the capabilities of the Amazon Rekognition and the different approaches you can adopt to interface with the service.
The intended audience for this course includes:
- Data scientists interested in mining information from images and/or video
- Machine Learning enthusiasts with an interest in computer vision
- Developers interested in learning how to integrate image and video analysis into their own applications
- Anyone interested in learning how Amazon Rekognition works
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand what Amazon Rekognition is and what it offers
- Understand the benefits of using the Amazon Rekognition service
- Understand how to use Amazon Rekognition APIs to process both images and videos
- Understand how to use Collections and the storage based API set
- Understand business use cases and scenarios that can benefit from using the Amazon Rekognition service
- Be able to architect and integrate Amazon Rekognition into your own applications
The following prerequisites will be both useful and helpful for this course:
- General development and coding experience
- AWS S3 and IAM security experience (for the demonstrations)
The agenda for the remainder of this course is as follows:
- We’ll discuss what Amazon Rekognition is and when and why you might consider using it
- We’ll review the Amazon Rekognition service and provide an in-depth review of each of its features
- We’ll discuss benefits and business use cases that can be empowered by leveraging Amazon Rekognition
- We’ll provide some example business use cases and scenarios that utilise the Rekognition service
- Finally - We’ll present 2 demonstrations that highlight how to integrate with the Rekognition service
If you have thoughts or suggestions for this course, please contact Cloud Academy at email@example.com.
Thank you for your participation. I do hope you've enjoyed this course on Amazon Rekognition. Feel free to send any feedback and or question to support@cloudAcademy.com, or, alternatively, you can always get in touch with us here at Cloud Academy using the community forum with one of our Cloud experts who will reply to your question.
Jeremy is the DevOps Content Lead at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing technical training documentation for DevOps.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 20+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud, Security, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for both the AWS and GCP cloud platforms.