The course is part of these learning pathsSee 2 more
Designing for Azure Identity Management
Azure AD Overview
Advanced Azure AD Identity Topics
Self-Service Password Reset
This Designing for Azure Identity Management course will guide you through the theory and practice of recognizing, implementing, and deploying the services on offer within your enterprise. Learn how to better the protection of your organization by designing advanced identity management solutions. Recommended for those who already have some experience with the subject, this course is comprised of 24 lectures, including demos, and expertly instructed by one of our MS Azure subject matter experts.
- Study and understand what Azure AD Domain Services do and what they can offer
- Learn to create and manage hybrid identities via Azure AD Connect
- Understand the principles of Azure MFA and SSO, and how to enable them
- Recognize and deploy the key principles of Azure AD B2B and B2C
- Learn and utilize Privileged Identity Management
This course is intended for:
- IT professionals who are interested in getting certified with MS Azure
- Those looking to become Azure architects and/or tasked with designing identity management solutions
- A mid-range knowledge of MS Azure is recommended before starting this course
- An understanding of identity management concepts
Related Training Content
For more courses related to MS Azure, visit our dedicated Content Training Library.
To enable System Assigned Managed Identity on a VM that was originally provisioned without it your account needs at least the Virtual Machine Contributor Role assignment. In the case of our demo here I'm using a global admin so that's a non-issue. To complete this task sign into the Azure portal, navigate to the Resource Group that contains the VM that you wish to configure. Clock on the desired Virtual Machine and then select Identity. Under System Assigned Status select On and then click Save. Once the System Assigned Managed Identity is enabled the VM will be registered with Azure Active Directory. After being registered you can then control its access to other services like Storage Accounts and the like.
About the Author
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.