The course is part of this learning path
An OverView of Azure Backup
Implementing Azure Backup
Managing Azure VM Backups
Performing Azure VM Restores
Azure Backup Reports
As the move to the cloud continues at a record pace, understanding how to properly backup and recover Azure virtual machines is becoming a key skill that every IT professional should possess.
In this course, you will learn how to plan and deploy Azure Backup and how to manage backups on a day-to-day basis. You will learn how to create the Recovery Services Vault that stores backed up data, how to create backup policies, and how to perform backup operations. You’ll also learn how to perform VM restores.
The topics covered in this Azure course map very closely to the learning objectives covered in the Microsoft Azure certification exams. By mastering the topics covered in this course, you will not only learn the skills necessary for day-to-day Azure Backup management but also learn the skills necessary to become Azure certified.
- Learn how to configure and review backup reports
- Understand how to perform backup operations
- Create a Recovery Services Vault
- Be able to create and configure backup policies
- Know how to assign backup policies
- Execute and perform restore operations
- IT Professionals interested in becoming Azure cloud architects
- IT Professionals preparing for Microsoft’s Azure certification exams
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure
- General knowledge of the Azure environment
- [Instructor] Azure backup can also back up on-prem servers. However, the process for backing up on-prem servers is a bit different than that of backing up Azure-based virtual machines. To back up an on-prem server with Azure Backup, the Recovery Services Agent must be downloaded and installed on the on-prem server being backed up. Additionally, the server being backed up must first be registered with the vault so that it can communicate with it securely. While the Recovery Services Vault and storage account requirements are the same for backing up on-prem servers as they are for backing up Azure VMs, the actual backups for an on-prem server is scheduled using the Recovery Services Agent.
About the Author
Tom is a 25+ year veteran of the IT industry, having worked in environments as large as 40k seats and as small as 50 seats. Throughout the course of a long an interesting career, he has built an in-depth skillset that spans numerous IT disciplines. Tom has designed and architected small, large, and global IT solutions.
In addition to the Cloud Platform and Infrastructure MCSE certification, Tom also carries several other Microsoft certifications. His ability to see things from a strategic perspective allows Tom to architect solutions that closely align with business needs.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys camping, fishing, and playing poker.