This section provides detail on the AWS management services relevant to the Solution Architect Associate exam. These services are used to help you audit, monitor and evaluate your AWS infrastructure and resources. These management services form a core component of running resilient and performant architectures.
- Understand the benefits of using AWS CloudWatch and audit logs to manage your infrastructure
- Learn how to record and track API requests using AWS CloudTrail
- Learn what AWS Config is and its components
- Manage your accounts with AWS Organizations, including single sign-on with AWS SSO
- Learn how to carry out logging with CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, and VPC Flow Logs
- Understand how to design cost-optimized architectures in AWS
- Learn about AWS data transformation tools such as AWS Glue and data visualization services like Amazon Athena and QuickSight
Systems Manager is a good fit in the AWS Tool Set. Systems Manager fits well into your existing AWS configuration and management tool set. It provides you with the Systems Manager Explorer, which is a customizable operations dashboard that delivers a display of your operational data and work items for all your accounts and across regions. You can use Explorer to configure settings and preferences. You can customize the display using drag and drop and drill down capabilities to prioritize work items.
Finally, with Explorer, you can take action using automated runbooks if needed. Systems Manager also integrates with your Amazon CloudWatch dashboards and your Personal Health dashboard. You can now have a set of fully managed AWS Services that help you enable provisioning and operating of your resources at scale. If you'd like to know more about Amazon CloudWatch Dashboard, you could view our existing course at the link shown here on the screen.
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data center and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date, Stuart has created 150+ courses relating to Cloud reaching over 180,000 students, mostly within the AWS category and with a heavy focus on security and compliance.
Stuart is a member of the AWS Community Builders Program for his contributions towards AWS.
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.