Advanced High Availability
In this course, you'll gain a solid understanding of the key concepts for Domains One and Seven of the AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification: High Availability, Scalability and Business Continuity.
By the end of this course, you'll have the tools and knowledge you need to successfully accomplish the following requirements for this domain, including:
- Demonstrate ability to architect the appropriate level of availability based on stakeholder requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to implement DR for systems based on RPO and RTO.
- Determine appropriate use of multi-Availability Zones vs. multi-Region architectures.
- Demonstrate ability to implement self-healing capabilities.
- Demonstrate ability to implement the most appropriate data storage scaling architecture
- High Availability vs. Fault Tolerance.
- Scalability and Elasticity.
This course is intended for students seeking to acquire the AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification. It is necessary to have acquired the Associate level of this certification. You should also have at least two years of real-world experience developing AWS architectures.
As stated previously, you will need to have completed the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification, and we recommend reviewing the relevant learning path in order to be well-prepared for the material in this one.
This Course Includes
- 1 hour and 13 minutes of high-definition video.
- Expert-led instruction and exploration of important concepts.
- Coverage of critical concepts for Domain one and Domain Seven of the AWS Solutions Architect - Professional certification exam.
What You Will Learn
- Designing a back-up and recovery solution.
- Implementing DR based on RTO/ RPO.
- RDS back up and restore and self healing capabilities.
- Points to remember for the exam.
Hi, and welcome to Domain One of our Solution Architect Professional for AWS Learning Path. In this series of lectures, we will cover the core concepts outlined in Domain One of the Solution Architect Professional Exam blueprint. While this is a domain that you should be familiar with, high availability and disaster recovery are areas that can catch people out. Questions in this Domain tend to be quite elaborate, so we need to be able to quickly ascertain the key facts, identify the constraints, and eliminate distractions, and then decide the best option for that particular scenario. So we'll use some sample questions to build our practical skills and problem solving ability in this Domain. We will build our ability to architect the appropriate level of availability based on requirements, and to implement disaster recovery for systems based on RPO and RTO. We will learn to recognize and explain the appropriate use of multi Availability Zones versus multi Region architectures, and build our ability to implement self healing capabilities using AWS services. There are many ways to design for disaster recovery, and achieve highly available solutions. So try to keep in mind that the scope of discussions is on the certification exam. The options that are presented may not necessarily reflect or feel ideal for real world scenarios, just a proviso.
Head of Content
Andrew is an AWS certified professional who is passionate about helping others learn how to use and gain benefit from AWS technologies. Andrew has worked for AWS and for AWS technology partners Ooyala and Adobe. His favorite Amazon leadership principle is "Customer Obsession" as everything AWS starts with the customer. Passions around work are cycling and surfing, and having a laugh about the lessons learnt trying to launch two daughters and a few start ups.