The course is part of these learning pathsSee 1 more
This course will provide you with a good foundation to better understand Amazon Kinesis, along with helping you to get started with building streamed solutions. In this course we'll put a heavier emphasis on hands-on demos along with breaking down the concepts and introducing you to the components that make up Amazon Kinesis.
- People working with Big Data
- Business intelligence
- Demonstrate knowledge of Amazon Kinesis, what are the core aspects of the service (streams, firehose, analytics), their common use cases, big data use cases, and how do you access / integrate with the Kinesis service Demonstrate how to work with and create Kinesis streams
- Demonstrate how to work with Kinesis Firehose and how to use Firehose with Redshift
- Set up monitoring and analysis of the stream services
- Understand the how to extract analysis from Kinesis
This Course Includes:
- 45 minutes of high-definition video
- Live demonstrations on key course concepts
What You'll Learn:
- What is Streaming Data: An overview of streaming data and it’s common uses.
- Setting Up Kinesis Agent: In this demo, we're working with installing the Amazon Kinesis Stream agent.
- Kinesis Streams: An overview of Kinesis Streams, what they do, and common use cases.
- Performing Basic Stream Operations: In this demo, we'll be pulling a basic Amazon Kinesis stream from the command line.
- Firehose: In this lesson we'll be discussing the fully managed solution,Amazon Kinesis Firehose.
- Firehose Delivery Stream: In this demo we're going to set up an Amazon Kinesis Firehose stream.
- Testing Delivery Stream: In this lesson we're going to do a quick follow up to the Firehose stream, and test the data delivery.
- Kinesis Analytics: In this lesson we'll go over the analytics components of Kinesis.
- Kinesis Analytics Demo: In this demo we're going to begin working with Amazon Kinesis Analytics.
- Kinesis Features Comparison: In this lesson, we'll compare some products within the Amazon Kinesis suite, as well as some other Amazon services.
- Course Conclusion: A wrap-up and review of the course.
28/05/2019 - Re-record of lectures to improve audio
About the Author
Richard Augenti is a DevOps Engineer with 23 years of IT professional experience and 7 years of cloud experience with AWS and Azure. He has been engaged with varying sized projects with clients all across the globe including most sectors. He enjoys finding the best and most efficient way to make things work so, working with automation, cloud technologies, and DevOps has been the perfect fit. When Richard is not engaged with work, he can also be found presenting workshops and talks at user conferences on cloud technologies and other techie talks.
- [Instructor] Hello, and welcome to Working with Amazon Kinesis. In this course, we'll introduce you to the practical steps of working with the Amazon Kinesis service and help you to get started with building stream solutions. This course has a practical focus, so I suggest completing the Introduction to Kinesis course first to ensure you have a basic understanding of the AWS Kinesis services. This course will suit people looking to get started building solutions to collect, process, transform, and analyze streaming data. We'll provide a practical application of the three main components of the AWS Kinesis service: Amazon Kinesis Streams, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, and Amazon Kinesis Analytics.