Ready for the real environment experience?
This Lab introduces you to the basics of the Java programming language, requiring you to complete the following guided coding exercises:
- Exercise 1 - SimpleClass: Complete the code required to instantiate a new Employee object, then update the Employee objects Name and Salary fields, and finally print out the state of the Employee object.
- Exercise 2 - Methods: Update the Employee class, adding constructors, getter and setter methods
Note: Each exercise comes with the fully completed solution code for reference in times of need.
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Write Java code that instantiates new objects
- Write Java code that updates an object's fields, which changes the state of the object
- Run and debug the Java code and examine the results that are printed to the console
- Be comfortable with using a browser-based IDE
This lab will start with the following AWS resources provisioned automatically for you:
- A single EC2 instance, named ide.java.platform.instance, which will have a public IP address attached. This instance will host a web based Java IDE (based on the Visual Code editor).
To achieve the lab end state, you will be walked through the process of:
- Using your local browser, access the web-based Java IDE served from the ide.java.platform.instance
- Completing the 2 lab exercises:
- Exercise 1 - SimpleClass
- Exercise 2 - Methods
June 16th, 2018 - Optimized creation of lab resources to reduce the time it takes to access the browser IDE by 60%
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).