- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
This lab introduces you to JShell, an interactive REPL Java utility. You will be required to complete the following guided coding exercises:
- Exercise 1 - Starting and Stopping: Learn how to start and stop JShell
- Exercise 2 - Feedback Modes: Learn how to configure different feedback modes to help with your interaction with JShell
- Exercise 3 - Snippets: Declare and use Java statements, variables, methods, expressions, and class definitions
- Exercise 4 - Commands: Learn to use the various JShell commands to control the session
Upon completion of this lab, you will be able to:
- Confidently use the JShell for exploratory Java coding and prototyping
- Be comfortable with using a browser-based IDE
- Be comfortable with using the integrated terminal
This lab will start with the following AWS resources provisioned automatically for you:
- A single EC2 instance, named ide.java.platform.instance, which will have a public IP address attached. This instance will host a web-based Java IDE (based on the Visual Code editor).
To achieve the lab end state, you will be walked through the process of:
- Using your local browser, access the web-based Java IDE served from the ide.java.platform.instance
- Completing the 4 lab exercises:
- Exercise 1 - Starting and Stopping
- Exercise 2 - Feedback Modes
- Exercise 3 - Snippets
- Exercise 4 - Commands
June 16th, 2018 - Optimized creation of lab resources to reduce the time it takes to access the browser IDE by 60%.
Jeremy is a Content Lead Architect and DevOps SME here at Cloud Academy where he specializes in developing DevOps technical training documentation.
He has a strong background in software engineering, and has been coding with various languages, frameworks, and systems for the past 25+ years. In recent times, Jeremy has been focused on DevOps, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Security, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning.
Jeremy holds professional certifications for AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes (CKA, CKAD, CKS).