- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
Ready for the real environment experience?
The foundation of many applications involves Representational state transfer (REST) API which is a way of structuring an API so that, through the use of HTTP verbs, one can get data. This lab will dive into understanding GET, POST, DELETE, and PATCH services. Students will learn how to use Python to interact with an API to view, create, update, and delete data.
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Understand Complex REST Verbs
- Integrate using Python with RESTful services
This lab is intended for:
- Individuals starting out with interacting with REST APIs
- Anyone interested in using Python to interact with RESTful services
You should possess:
- A basic understanding of Python
- A basic understanding of HTTP verbs (i.e. GET/POST/PUT)
February 24th, 2021 - Resolved an issue causing the API server to fail to start
January 19th, 2021 - Streamlined the lab by refactoring to a single lab step with the notebook IP displayed to avoid signing into GCP
Calculated Systems was founded by experts in Hadoop, Google Cloud and AWS. Calculated Systems enables code-free capture, mapping and transformation of data in the cloud based on Apache NiFi, an open source project originally developed within the NSA. Calculated Systems accelerates time to market for new innovations while maintaining data integrity. With cloud automation tools, deep industry expertise, and experience productionalizing workloads development cycles are cut down to a fraction of their normal time. The ability to quickly develop large scale data ingestion and processing decreases the risk companies face in long development cycles. Calculated Systems is one of the industry leaders in Big Data transformation and education of these complex technologies.