Ready to get a comprehensive understanding of Linux from the basics to the harder stuff? This learning path covers a wide range of Linux topics so that you can begin programming in Linux with confidence. Even if you already have some basic Linux knowledge, this learning path is a great way to brush up on those skills and build upon what you already know!
We'll start off with the fundamentals of Linux, including the directory structure, files, shell scripting and the command line, and permissions. Once you've grasped the basics we then build upon those topics by looking at more intermediate-level techniques.
After that, we'll start to go into the specifics of the Linux boot process and system logging, disk management, the Logical Volume Manager, user management, networking with Linux, and shell scripting.
Towards the end of the learning path, we will also begin looking at more advanced commands and permissions.
- Get a solid grasp of Linux, its components, and its capabilities
- Understand the Linux directory structure, files, shell scripting and the command line, permissions, wildcards, and job control
- Learn the key concepts surrounding the Linux boot process and system logging
- Explore how to manage disks and users including partitions, file systems, users, and groups
- Get a foundational understanding of the Logical Volume Manager
- Learn the essentials of networking with Linux
- Learn what shell scripting is and the components that make up a script
- People considering the roles of Linux system administrator or engineer and need to learn the basics of Linux
- IT professionals who want to build upon or brush up on their existing Linux knowledge
- IT professionals who need some Linux knowledge to further their careers
This is a beginner-level course and so can be taken by anyone with a desire to learn about Linux!
Jason is the founder of the Linux Training Academy as well as the author of "Linux for Beginners" and "Command Line Kung Fu." He has over 20 years of professional Linux experience, having worked for industry leaders such as Hewlett-Packard, Xerox, UPS, FireEye, and Amazon.com. Nothing gives him more satisfaction than knowing he has helped thousands of IT professionals level up their careers through his many books and courses.