The course is part of these learning paths
AWS Data Services
One of the core building blocks of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is that of storage, and AWS provides a wide range of storage services that allow you to architect the correct solution for your needs. Understanding what each of these services is and what they have been designed and developed for, gives you the knowledge to implement best practices ensuring your data is stored, transmitted and backed up in the most efficient and scalable way. This course will focus on each of the storage services provided by AWS and will explain what the service is, its key features and when and why you might use the service within your own environment.
The objectives of this course are to provide:
- An overview and introduction to the different AWS storage services
- An understanding of how to transfer data into and out of AWS
- The knowledge to confidently select the most appropriate storage service for your needs
This course is designed as an introduction to the AWS storage services and methods of storing data. As a result, this course is suitable for:
- Those who are starting out their AWS journey to understand the various services that exist and their use case
- Storage engineers responsible for maintaining and storing data within the enterprise
- Security engineers who secure and safeguard data within AWS
- Those who are looking to begin their certification journey with either the AWS Cloud Practitioner or one of the 3 Associate level certifications
This is an entry-level course to AWS storage services and so no prior knowledge of these services are required, however, a basic understanding of Cloud Computing and awareness of AWS would be beneficial but not essential.
If you have thoughts or suggestions for this course, please contact Cloud Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data centre and network infrastructure design, to more recently cloud architecture and implementation.
He is a Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP), with his latest achievements gained within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) field.
He currently holds the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification as well as accreditations as an AWS Business and Technology Professional and in TCO and Cloud Economics.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded 'Expert of the Year Award 2015' from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.