AWS Web Application Firewall
AWS Firewall Manager
Explore the 3 AWS services, designed to help protect your web applications from external malicious activity, with this course. Once getting started, this course will delve into depth on all three services, comprised of AWS Web Application Firewall Service (WAF), AWS Firewall Manager and AWS Shield. By learning how all three services can be used together for enhanced protection of web applications you enterprise will wholly benefit from all the advantages that these services have to offer.
Study the core principles, understand the importance and discuss how protecting web apps with AWS can elevate your business to the next level with this cohesive course made up of 14 lectures, including demos.
- Gain a core foundation of what AWS WAF is and what it does
- Knowledge of how to configure and implement a WAF solution
- Analyze how AWS WAF works closely with AWS CloudFront
- An understanding of how AWS Firewall Manager can be used to help you control AWS WAF across multiple accounts
- How AWS Shield is protecting Distributed Denial of Service attacks
- An awareness of different types of DDoS attacks
- An awareness of the step involved in configuring AWS Shield Advanced
- Security architects
- Technical engineers
- Website administrators
- Anyone requiring a deeper understanding of WAF, Shield, and Firewall Manager
Cloud Academy would recommend having a basic understanding of the following, before starting this course:
- Amazon CloudFront Distributions
- AWS Application Load Balancer
- AWS Organizations
- The 7 layers of the OSI model
Related Training Content
If you are interested in further training content related to this topic, discover the following Learning Paths:
It should be noted that this course will be replacing the existing course on this topic found currently here.
About the Author
Stuart has been working within the IT industry for two decades covering a huge range of topic areas and technologies, from data centre and network infrastructure design, to cloud architecture and implementation.
To date Stuart has created over 40 courses relating to Cloud, most within the AWS category with a heavy focus on security and compliance
He is AWS certified and accredited in addition to being a published author covering topics across the AWS landscape.
In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community.
Stuart enjoys writing about cloud technologies and you will find many of his articles within our blog pages.