- Stay within resource usage requirements.
- Do not engage in or encourage activity that is illegal.
- Do not engage in cryptocurrency mining.
The hands-on lab is part of these learning pathsSee 3 more
Ready for the real environment experience?
During this lab, you will host your static website using the Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) so that it is secure, fast, protected against data loss, and can scale to support enterprise-level traffic. To do that, you'll store your website files on Amazon S3 and also use S3 to deliver your content to visitors to your website.
After setting up the static website on S3, this lab will show you how to use Amazon CloudFront to create a content delivery network (CDN). A CDN makes your website content available from data centers around the world, called edge locations. Using edge locations improves the speed of your website by reducing latency. Doing so is especially important if your website displays large media files such as high-resolution images, audio, or video.
Are you ready to get started?
Upon completion of this lab you will be able to:
- Configure static website hosting on Amazon S3
- Configure static websites to work with CloudFront distributions
This is a beginner level Lab, however, in order to follow the next steps you should be able to:
- Create and navigate S3 buckets
- Create CloudFront distributions
We recommend these labs as pre-requisites:
- Create Your First Amazon S3 Bucket
- Using S3 Bucket Policies and Conditions to Restrict Specific Permissions
- Serve your files using the CloudFront CDN
After completing the lab instructions the environment should look similar to:
November 13th, 2020 - Updated all screenshots and instructions to reflect the latest user-interface changes
June 27th, 2019 - Added a custom validation lab step to check the work performed in the lab
January 10th, 2019 - Added a validation Lab Step to check the work you perform in the Lab
Andrew is a Labs Developer with previous experience in the Internet Service Provider, Audio Streaming, and CryptoCurrency industries. He has also been a DevOps Engineer and enjoys working with CI/CD and Kubernetes.
He holds multiple AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate and Professional.