AWS re:Invent 2023 is upon us and – here at Cloud Academy – we can’t wait for it to begin. Just as in years past, Amazon Web Services will come up with new fantastic announcements and initiatives.
Since there are many things to keep in mind for this year’s event, in this full guide to AWS re:Invent 2023 we’ll go through each of them with the aim of providing you with all the helpful information to get the most out of it.
But let’s start from the beginning: are there any of you who still don’t know what AWS re:Invent is? Don’t worry, we’ll help with that, too!
Here are all the AWS re:Invent 2023 topics we’ll cover:
- What is AWS re:Invent?
- When is AWS re:Invent 2023?
- How to register for AWS re:Invent 2023?
- Where to stay during AWS re:Invent 2023?
- Are there any health measures to follow?
- Are there other things to be aware of?
- What’s the AWS re:Invent agenda this year?
- What are the AWS re:Invent 2023 keynotes?
- What Innovation Talks are planned for this year?
- What is “PeerTalk”?
What is AWS re:Invent?
As mentioned on the official website:
AWS re:Invent is a learning conference hosted by AWS for the global cloud computing community.
The event is focused on developers and engineers, system administrators, systems architects, IT executives, and technical decision-makers.
When is AWS re:Invent 2023?
re:Invent 2023 will take place from November 27 to December 1, 2023. It will be a 5-day full immersion in which you’ll have the opportunity to attend technical sessions, keynotes, and more.
How to register for AWS re:Invent 2023?
AWS re:Invent 2023 will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada across multiple venues. But, like the previous years, it will adopt a hybrid mode. So – if you’re wondering what you should do to register for re:Invent 2023 – you need to know 2 important things:
- You can attend the event in person or virtually. An in-person ticket costs $2099, while virtual access is free. If you want to register for the event, you need to go to the official registration page and choose the package you prefer.
- Accounts are not carried over from previous years, so even if you had an account for re:Invent 2022, you will need to create a new one for 2023.
Where to stay during the AWS re:Invent 2023?
Which hotels are dedicated to AWS re:Invent? This is a topic that all in-person attendees should be interested in. Las Vegas is great to explore, but there will be so much to see at re:Invent too with people to meet.
Renamed “re:Invent campus“, AWS is promoting an immersive learning experience through an agreement with some of the most known hotels in the city.
The yellow properties are the AWS re:Invent venues. These are the places where AWS is hosting the event. Staying here would mean living and breathing AWS re:Invent and experiencing it from every angle.
Here are the six venues for this year’s event:
- Encore – Planned activities will concern breakout sessions and bookable meeting space.
- Wynn – Planned activities will concern breakout content and meals.
- The Venetian | Palazzo – Planned activities will concern breakout sessions, registration, Expo, keynotes, content hub, and meals.
- Caesars Forum – Planned activities will concern breakout sessions, content hub, and meals.
- MGM Grand – Planned activities will concern breakout sessions, registration, content hub, and meals.
- Mandalay Bay – Planned activities will concern breakout sessions, registration, content hub, and meals.
The blue properties are hotels with which AWS has entered into an agreement. The convention has arranged for room blocks and dedicated event discounts.
Here are the 10 sleeping-only hotels (i.e. no events happen here):
- Treasure Island.
- The Mirage
- The LINQ
- The Cosmopolitan
- Signature at MGM Grand
All the listed options provide transportation solutions between the various locations of the event.
Are there any health measures to follow?
AWS wants to protect the health of the event’s attendees, partners, and employees. Here are the General AWS re:Invent 2023 health measures:
- Attendees are not required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
- Attendees are not required to provide a record of a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Masks and social distance from the other attendees are not required.
Are there other things to be aware of?
Probably the most important: the AWS Code of Conduct. This list of principles explains the behavior AWS expects from its community members on the occasion of AWS events, blogs, online forums, and social media platforms. If a user breaches the code, AWS may prohibit him from attending future AWS events and interacting across blogs, online forums, and social media platforms. We recommend you read it before attending re:Invent.
What’s the AWS re:Invent agenda for this year?
The AWS re:Invent agenda is full of interesting initiatives. You can check the full program on the official site, but here are some quick highlights day by day (PST time zone):
- Sunday, November 26th – Badge pickup and swag before the great start, AWS Certification verification;
- Monday, November 27th – bootcamps and AWS Spotlight Labs in the morning, Peter DeSantis’ keynote in the evening.
- Tuesday, November 28th – Adam Selipsky’s keynote, expo and labs.
- Wednesday, November 29th – Swami Sivasubramanian’s keynote and content hubs in the morning, Dr. Ruba Borno’s keynote in the afternoon.
- Thursday, November 30th – Dr. Werner Vogels’ keynote in the morning, re:play in the late afternoon
- Friday, December 1st – Session content and self-paced labs in the morning.
What are the AWS re:Invent 2023 keynotes?
Hey wait, what are these “keynotes”? The AWS re:Invent 2023 keynotes are in-person talks where industry leaders from the world of cloud computing make important announcements, tell the latest product launches, and share inspiring customer stories.
The planned keynotes for this event’s year will be delivered by:
- Adam Selipsky – CEO of AWS: Keynote on TUE., NOV. 28 | 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Peter DeSantis – Senior Vice President of AWS Utility Computing: Keynote on MON., NOV. 27 | 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
- Swami Sivasubramanian – Vice President of AWS Data and AI: Keynote on WED., NOV. 29 | 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Ruba Borno – Vice President of AWS Worldwide Channels and Alliances: Keynote on WED., NOV. 29 | 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- Dr. Werner Vogels – Amazon.com Vice President and Chief Technology Officer: Keynote on THUR., NOV. 30 | 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
What Innovation Talks are planned for this year?
And what about the AWS re:Invent Innovation Talks? This year, 17 AWS leaders will take the stage and talk about various topics: data for generative AI, cloud operations, storage, Machine Learning, security, and much more. If you want to discover them all, you should check the full list on the official site.
What is “PeerTalk”?
A format launched in the last event edition is PeerTalk. Yeah, but what is it? PeerTalk is an onsite networking program for the event’s attendees. The goal of this initiative is to “expand your mind and your network”. For more information, directly check the dedicated page.
Well, we’ve come to the end of this post but this is just a starting point. Yeah because in the next weeks -before and during re:Invent 2023 – new exciting announcements will come up. As said we can’t wait to see what AWS has in store for us this year. To stay up to date, we recommend that you keep an eye on Cloud Academy channels and social media.
See you there in-person and online!