When it comes to cloud training, choosing the right solution can be a challenge for IT execs.
You have your list of requirements. You understand the specific needs of your business, and the goals you want to achieve. But with so many different choices, features, and capabilities on the market, how are you supposed to know which option is best? Making a decision is not easy. But it doesn’t have to be difficult either.
In this post we’ve taken the liberty of doing some of the work for you. Here we’ll explain what to look for in an e-learning platform, provide a list of some of the top cloud training vendors you should consider, and a brief overview of the features and benefits offered by each one.
What’s driving the increased demand for cloud training
One of the key factors driving the demand for cloud training platforms is the rapid growth of the cloud market. According to Gartner, the worldwide public cloud end-user spend is projected to grow by 21.7% in 2023, reaching a total value of $597.3 billion. By the year 2026, it is predicted that 75% of organizations will adopt a digital transformation model predicated on cloud as the fundamental underlying platform.
With such significant growth, organizations are recognizing the need to invest in training that will ensure that their tech teams have the skills needed to effectively utilize cloud solutions today, tomorrow, and beyond. Cloud training will become an essential component for any organization aiming to build a cloud-ready workforce.
The benefits of cloud training platforms
Why choose virtual cloud training? It’s flexible and convenient! With cloud-based platforms, learners have the ability to access training materials and resources from anywhere, at any time. This allows individuals to learn at their own pace and convenience, without being tied to a specific location or schedule. Whether you prefer to study early in the morning or late at night, before, during or after work, cloud-based platforms offer the flexibility to accommodate your unique learning style and schedule.
Another unique benefit is the wide range of learning resources they offer. These platforms often provide access to a variety of learning materials, such as video lectures, interactive modules, practice exams, and real-world projects. This diverse range of resources ensures a comprehensive and well-rounded learning experience, that combines theoretical knowledge with practical application. Learners can engage with the content in a way that best suits their learning preferences and goals.
Cloud-based platforms also offer the advantage of scalability. As cloud tech continues to evolve, these training platforms can quickly pivot and update their courses to reflect the latest industry trends and advancements.
Ongoing support and assistance is another great feature. Learners can access support resources, such as online forums or live chat, where they can ask questions, seek clarification, and receive guidance throughout their training journey. This support system ensures that learners have the help they need, whenever they need it, enhancing their overall learning experience.
Key considerations when selecting a cloud training platform
When evaluating a cloud training solution, there are multiple factors that must be considered. These considerations will ensure that the chosen platform aligns with specific needs and goals, ultimately providing the most effective and comprehensive cloud education experience.
It’s crucial to assess whether the training program covers all the necessary topics and skills required. Look for a platform that offers a wide range of courses and certifications, including fundamental cloud concepts, infrastructure management, security, and vendor-specific training. Cloud Academy’s AWS courses are a perfect example of this offering. Currently AWS offers 12 certifications at four different levels — Foundational – Specialty — Our courses, hands-on labs, and quizzes are closely aligned to each AWS certification exam guide so that you get exactly what you need to prepare for and pass your exams.
For more on Cloud Academy’s AWS certification program, visit our AWS Certifications page. For help deciding which AWS certifications are best for you and your team, read our in-depth post, The 12 AWS Certifications: Which is Right for You and Your Team?
2. Teaching methodology
Look for platforms that offer a variety of learning formats, such as virtual instructor-led lectures, hands-on labs, real-world projects, and cloud sandboxes. This ensures a well-rounded learning experience.
3. Flexibility and accessibility
When to train is a concern voiced by both organizations and individuals alike. They want to learn, and you need them to learn, but not at the expense of an already hectic workload. This is why flexibility and accessibility are essential considerations.
Look for platforms that offer on-demand access to training materials, allowing individuals to learn at their own pace and convenience. The platform should also provide access to support resources, such as online forums or live chat, where learners can ask questions and receive assistance when needed.
Pricing isn’t everything, but a good one definitely helps. Evaluate the pricing model of the platform, whether it’s a one-time payment, monthly subscription, or pay-per-course basis. Consider the value offered by the platform in terms of the quality of the training, resources provided, and industry-recognized certifications. It’s important to strike a balance between affordability and the quality of the training received.
Lastly, consider the reputation and track record of the platform. Look for reviews and testimonials from past users to gauge the effectiveness and reliability of the training programs. Platforms that have established partnerships or affiliations with industry leaders and organizations can also be indicators of credibility and quality.
By carefully considering these key factors, you can select a cloud training platform that meets your specific needs, addresses skill gaps within your team, and ensures success in the ever-evolving world of cloud. For more on selecting the right cloud skills provider for your business, check out our comprehensive post, How to Choose a Cloud Skills Training Provider.
Top cloud training providers in the market
When it comes to cloud training, there are numerous IT vendor training solutions available in the market. Each platform offers its own unique features and benefits, catering to different learning preferences and goals. To help you make an informed decision, we have compiled a list of some of the top cloud training providers you should consider:
1. Amazon Web Services (AWS): AWS offers offers both digital and classroom training. Their free digital training allows you to learn online at your own pace. Digital subscriptions unlock exclusive access to training, learning games, labs, and practice exams. AWS’ training program covers everything from basic cloud concepts to advanced skills in cloud architecture and security.
2. Microsoft Azure: Microsoft Azure offers self-directed and instructor-led training courses. Their personalized learning paths are self-paced and role-based, and cover topics ranging from AI and machine learning, to data fundamentals and security.
3. Google Cloud Platform: Google Cloud Platform provides both online and in-person training options, course offerings include cloud architecture, DevOps, cloud infrastructure, and machine learning. Their training program offers three certification levels ranging from foundational to professional.
4. Oracle Cloud: With both free and paid options, Oracle University presents opportunities to learn through in-application guidance in the flow of work. Oracle Cloud provides learning paths in cloud infrastructure, cloud database migration, and more.
5. IBM Cloud: IBM Cloud’s courses require no prerequisites, and include topics such as DevSecOps and cloud architecture. If you are interested in IBM certification or specialty, you’ll want to look into their learning paths. These training offerings specifically designed to help you pass the certification and specialty exams.
6. Cloud Academy: Cloud Academy offers practical cloud training across key cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle, Alibaba), DevOps, Security, and Programming. We offer over 1,000 labs and 40,000+ hours of content covering topics like containers, big data/AI, DevOps, machine learning, security, and more.
7. VMware: VMware offers training courses focused on their virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions. Their training program cover cloud management, virtual networking, and data center automation.
This just a sampling of the top cloud training providers in the market. Remember that each platform offers its own unique curriculum, teaching methodology, and pricing model. Be sure to carefully evaluate each option to find the one that best suits your specific needs and goals in cloud education.
To learn more about Cloud Academy and how we can assist you and your team along your journey to the cloud, contact one of our knowledgeable reps to request a demo.