(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy continues to scour the Internet for the most promising opportunities in the Cloud Computing market.
Employers: interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
Because of the sheer size of the Cloud Computing job market, each week I am going to concentrate on a specific job role. This week we will be focusing on particularly promising AWS Systems Administrator openings.
1. Systems Administrator – Configuration Management, AWS
CyberCoders – Oklahoma City, OK
- Experience with automated scaling in AWS or some level of configuration management
- Some experience with continuous integration and deployment systems
- Experience with salt/puppet/chef/vagrant or equivalent
- Strong linux systems administration skills
- Strong application administration in apache, nginx, HAproxy, memcached
- Strong knowledge of network security and performance
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (pci, sox, etc)
- Bash scripting
- MySQL administration
- Familiarity with RDS
- Familiarity with PHP
2. AWS System Administrator
Exelanz – Bhubaneshwar Area, India
- Maintain production and development servers of the web applications.
- Protect the servers from phishing, DoS and other kinds of attacks.
- Keep the load distribution across the server in good health, and help developers in tracking rogue code.
- Frequently analyze logs to identify suspicious behavior of the app in terms of errors or unwanted usage.
- Write automation scripts to do routine server management activities.
- Run web log analysis for various data points as and when we need them.
- Tracking log files for system errors and vulnerabilities.
3. AWS Systems Administrator
Harvey Nash – London, GB
AWS (Amazon Web Services) Administrator is required for an exciting Software house based in Central London. The AWS Systems Administrator will be responsible for all administration and troubleshooting relating to AWS (Amazon Web Services).
The AWS Systems Administrator will play an integral part within the organization and ensure that practices such as backups, patching, logging, and monitoring are established and maintained. On top of this, the AWS Systems Administrator will need to assist with Linux Server builds, support web servers and provide on call support.
To Be Considered, The AWS (Amazon Web Services) Administrator Will Need The Following Experience:
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Linux Operating Systems
4. System Administrator
Rakuten Asia Pte Ltd – Singapore
Assigned to the Ad Platform Department, which is a development team for a global ad platform in Singapore. This platform is developed to be used by all Rakuten global business units, which is mainly E-Commerce business. Now is initial development and some migration project is ongoing. Team’s mission is not just development but to boost-up, each business ad revenue, standardize their ad operation and provide the solution for creating new ad product. Therefore we should be always responsible for the system primarily as a counterpart of business and improve the system by our own initiative.
- Being engaged in a whole process of system architecture, design, implementation and operation based on AWS (Amazon Web Service) as well as Rakuten’s private cloud
- Always improve system performance, stability and availability in correspond to fast-paced service growth as well as huge spike event
- 24/7 for System monitoring, trouble detection and recovering with team members
- Work closely with system team in Japan and development team (project manager, team lead, Java/front-end developers and QA), some of them are in different location such as Japan or China, and need to communicate in English
- First level production support
- Server side technologies we are using are; Linux, Java, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, AWS, MongoDB and some others
5. Associate Systems Administrator – DevOps – Global Technology Platform
FILD – San Francisco, CA
- Join already strong DevOps team of infrastructure engineers doing green field work
- Migrate the existing infrastructure to the cloud
- Build out continuous deployment and level up the environment
- Support a high traffic platform which runs out of the SF datacenter