(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy continues to scour the Internet for the most promising opportunities in the Cloud Computing market.
Employers: interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
Because of the sheer size of the Cloud Computing job market, each week I am going to concentrate on a specific job role. This week we will be focusing on particularly promising AWS Systems Administrator openings.
1. Systems Administrator – Configuration Management, AWS
CyberCoders – Oklahoma City, OK
- Experience with automated scaling in AWS or some level of configuration management
- Some experience with continuous integration and deployment systems
- Experience with salt/puppet/chef/vagrant or equivalent
- Strong linux systems administration skills
- Strong application administration in apache, nginx, HAproxy, memcached
- Strong knowledge of network security and performance
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (pci, sox, etc)
- Bash scripting
- MySQL administration
- Familiarity with RDS
- Familiarity with PHP
2. AWS System Administrator
Exelanz – Bhubaneshwar Area, India
- Maintain production and development servers of the web applications.
- Protect the servers from phishing, DoS and other kinds of attacks.
- Keep the load distribution across the server in good health, and help developers in tracking rogue code.
- Frequently analyze logs to identify suspicious behavior of the app in terms of errors or unwanted usage.
- Write automation scripts to do routine server management activities.
- Run web log analysis for various data points as and when we need them.
- Tracking log files for system errors and vulnerabilities.
3. AWS Systems Administrator
Harvey Nash – London, GB
AWS (Amazon Web Services) Administrator is required for an exciting Software house based in Central London. The AWS Systems Administrator will be responsible for all administration and troubleshooting relating to AWS (Amazon Web Services).
The AWS Systems Administrator will play an integral part within the organization and ensure that practices such as backups, patching, logging, and monitoring are established and maintained. On top of this, the AWS Systems Administrator will need to assist with Linux Server builds, support web servers and provide on call support.
To Be Considered, The AWS (Amazon Web Services) Administrator Will Need The Following Experience:
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Linux Operating Systems
4. System Administrator
Rakuten Asia Pte Ltd – Singapore
Assigned to the Ad Platform Department, which is a development team for a global ad platform in Singapore. This platform is developed to be used by all Rakuten global business units, which is mainly E-Commerce business. Now is initial development and some migration project is ongoing. Team’s mission is not just development but to boost-up, each business ad revenue, standardize their ad operation and provide the solution for creating new ad product. Therefore we should be always responsible for the system primarily as a counterpart of business and improve the system by our own initiative.
- Being engaged in a whole process of system architecture, design, implementation and operation based on AWS (Amazon Web Service) as well as Rakuten’s private cloud
- Always improve system performance, stability and availability in correspond to fast-paced service growth as well as huge spike event
- 24/7 for System monitoring, trouble detection and recovering with team members
- Work closely with system team in Japan and development team (project manager, team lead, Java/front-end developers and QA), some of them are in different location such as Japan or China, and need to communicate in English
- First level production support
- Server side technologies we are using are; Linux, Java, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, AWS, MongoDB and some others
5. Associate Systems Administrator – DevOps – Global Technology Platform
FILD – San Francisco, CA
- Join already strong DevOps team of infrastructure engineers doing green field work
- Migrate the existing infrastructure to the cloud
- Build out continuous deployment and level up the environment
- Support a high traffic platform which runs out of the SF datacenter
Which Certifications Should I Get?
The old AWS slogan, “Cloud is the new normal” is indeed a reality today. Really, cloud has been the new normal for a while now and getting credentials has become an increasingly effective way to quickly showcase your abilities to recruiters and companies. With all that in mind, the s...
The Positive Side of 2020: People — and Their Tech Skills — Are Everyone’s Priority
I am starting to write this while reading my message last year, and it definitely feels a bit weird considering what 2020 turned out to be for all of us. It’s been a very strange year for all of us — Cloud Academy customers, colleagues, and friends have been impacted in different way...
Web Hosting vs. Cloud Hosting: What’s the Difference?
A growing number of businesses go online annually. This is not surprising because the future is in online sales. According to forecasts, only in the U.S., the number of online shoppers will increase to 300 million by 2023, which is 91% of the total population of the country. The begi...
10 Benefits of Using Cloud Storage
It’s 2020, and now cloud storage has become one of the most convenient and efficient methods to store data online. There are many storage service providers on the internet, and this area is so vast now every big tech company owns a separate storage facility, which helps to generate a si...
Learn Cloud Computing: Prerequisites
What are the prerequisites and requirements to learn cloud computing? This is the first article in a series to introduce our members to the prerequisites to learning cloud computing. This was a question I was emailed countless times from our users, and while we have Learning Paths, AWS...
8 Financial Benefits of Cloud Migration
Companies that have long migrated to the cloud many times have confirmed the effectiveness of this solution from a practical point of view. This gives you more flexibility to perform tasks, work with data is organized more quickly and efficiently, and the data itself is stored under rel...
10 Reasons Digital Marketing Is More Successful With Cloud Computing
Cloud computing and digital marketing Cloud computing is a technology that serves extensive benefits to businesses. It empowers them to operate more effectively and improve their productivity as well. This is because the tools and applications that are integrated into the cloud can be ...
Cloud Computing: Can It Be a Solution for Your Marketing Strategy?
The competition in the business landscape is daunting and you need to go the extra mile to establish your presence in the market. Besides just ensuring that the products you offer are of the best quality, your marketing strategy should also be better than the rest. Basically, it is all ...
Cloud Computing Solutions: 7 Trends for the Future
The world of cloud computing is in a state of flux. Not long ago, the cloud was considered an emerging technology, known only to IT specialists. Today it is a part of everyday life – 96% of businesses use the cloud in one form or another, and this number only looks set to grow. Whether ...
8 Surprising Ways Cloud Computing Is Changing Education
Cloud computing: Empowering the education industry Over the years, the education industry has come a long way. Teaching and learning are no longer confined to textbooks and classrooms and now reaches computers and mobile devices. Today, learners are always connected — whether they are ...
What Exactly Is a Cloud Architect and How Do You Become One?
One of the buzzwords surrounding the cloud that I'm sure you've heard is "Cloud Architect." In this article, I will outline my understanding of what a cloud architect does and I'll analyze the skills and certifications necessary to become one. I will also list some of the types of jobs ...
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
If you want to deliver digital services of any kind, you’ll need to estimate all types of resources, not the least of which are CPU, memory, storage, and network connectivity. Which resources you choose for your delivery — cloud-based or local — is up to you. But you’ll definitely want...