(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
This week we will focus on particularly promising AWS DevOps positions worlwide.
1. Senior DevOps Engineer
AccruePartners – Austin-Round Rock, Texas, USA
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring in support and extension of the Amazon AWS, Azure and other Cloud providers as required.
- Design, manage, test, document, deploy, secure, monitor, scale, support and sustain the 24/7 Amazon EC2, Azure and VMware private cloud architectures.
- Responsible for participating in scheduled detailed information gathering sessions with the development and support teams to provide feedback on direction and impact on the infrastructure
- Work with internal DevOps team to collaborate on infrastructure development.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application DevOps Developers.
- Day to day support for Cloud applications hosted on Amazon AWS or other Cloud providers
- System administration in support of Linux, Nginx, uWSGI, Apache, MySQL, Ruby, Python (LAMP) stack.
- Take an active role in formulating the long-range technical infrastructure and architecture plans.
- Serve as a technical lead resource on strategic, infrastructure related projects.
- Participate in code review cycle.
2. Cloud DevOps Engineer
Autodesk – San Francisco, CA, US
- Work closely with the software engineering and product management teams to design, deliver and manage our services with high uptime.
- Participate in product sprints, write user stories and deliver on them for highly available, secure, globally performing service
- Participate in failure, load and performance tests to ensure application is production ready
- Ensure security of the production infrastructure, systems and applications
- Automate, Implement, administer, and maintain our databases, local and cloud-based servers including provisioning, backups and restores, upgrades, and monitoring
- Implement monitoring, develop runbooks and develop self-healing automation
- Analyze and optimize system utilization
- Automate application deployment and verification
- Incident resolution and root cause analysis of critical outages
- Implement solutions to systematic failures
3. Development Operations Engineer (DevOps)
Envato – Melbourne
- In a partnership with the Web Infrastructure Architect and the development team, ensure the creation, configuration and maintenance of our infrastructure is automated and managed in a repeatable way with modern toolings such as Puppet or Chef
- Working closely with the entire delivery team to ensure we’re building systems that solve our customers’ needs
- Help build and manage the monitoring of our live systems focusing on stability, performance and business effectiveness
- Diagnose and fix performance issues on the marketplace no matter which part of the stack they appear in
- Communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical members of the Marketplace team about proposed changes, their impact, how and when these changes may be delivered.
4. DevOps Engineer – Linux & AWS
Rethink Recruitment – London, United Kingdom
DevOps Engineer with AWS experience urgently required by leading eCommerce company based in Central London.
You will be joining a small DevOps team but will be embedded in the Development Team. The Development Team deploy apps to both local infrastructure and cloud providers and there is a project in the pipeline to work on a private cloud system.
Day to day you will be supporting the development team in deploying new code and systems securely and quickly. You’ll spec, build and deploy new physical and virtual machines, action change requests and help troubleshoot issues. There will be daily opportunities for you to innovate in how they approach their development and influence the development direction of their world-class suite of products.
You’re likely to be an experienced DevOps Engineer with a minimum 3 years’ experience installing, using and maintaining servers, workstations and network infrastructure.
- Architecting for Amazon Web Services (EC2 & EBS, S3, Glacier, VPC, RDS, IAM, Route 53)
- 3+ years Linux (Ubuntu) Sys Admin experience
- Experience in modern development processes – Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Experience with automated deployment tools – Puppet/ Chef
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- DHCP, DNS, LDAP
- VMware/KVM or other virtual environments
- Understanding of security best practices
- A passion for delivering innovative products
- Experience with software versioning tools
5. DevOps Engineer
Capital One – North York – Ontario – Canada
As a DevOps Engineer at Capital One you will be working on a Systems team in continuous integration, deployment, and automation environment. You will be deeply involved with the design and build process of our next generation of customer-facing applications and underlying infrastructure. We are looking for a candidate who is highly self-motivated, can independently troubleshoot technical issues, explore new and emerging technologies, and work with a team of engineers to build an amazing product that will be used by millions of customers each day. If you enjoy tackling tough problems, building scalable systems, and working with other great engineers in a highly collaborative environment then we want to talk to you!
- Design and build high-performing applications and infrastructure that will enable a continuous deployment and delivery pipeline.
- Develop reusable, scalable, and testable automation scripts and tools for routine and repetitive tasks.
- Conduct performance tuning and capacity planning activities across an entire infrastructure stack.
- Troubleshoot and expeditiously resolve escalated software and infrastructure related issues and challenges.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools and technologies.
- Advocate DevOps best practices and mentor engineers across the company and within the local community.