(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
Since AWS is obviously the front runner when it comes to promising job opportunities in the cloud arena, it’s easy to forget about all the other Cloud Companies out there. So this week we will list particularly promising Google Cloud openings around the globe.
1. Google for Work Technical Solutions Engineer, Cloud Technology
Google – Sydney, Australia
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will provide support for Google for Work’s cloud products, solutions and APIs, including App Engine and Google Storage. You will provide technical assistance and developer support as part of a global 24×7 support organization. You will also work closely with engineers, product managers and sales engineers to improve the product’s vision and to make Google customers successful.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide developer and technical support and resolve customer cases for Google for Work’s cloud products, solutions and APIs, including debugging App Engine and Google Storage applications, authoring documentation and code samples, and handling system configuration.
- Identify and document App Engine and Google Storage bugs, feature requests, and work with engineers and customers to implement effective solutions.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and sales engineers to improve Google cloud products at a senior level, suggesting and making changes to the product code.
2. Web Analytics Lead – Retail eCommerce, Fashion
Harnham – London, United Kingdom
- Become an integral part of the Web Analytics strategy, helping to drive their data-driven approach across the UK, Ireland, and International sites.
- Lead the ongoing Google Analytics implementation and tagging best-practice roadmap.
- Help drive the implementation of a single customer view across the marketing cloud.
- Provide key stakeholders with accurate analysis of site performance.
- Work autonomously, and evangelize all-things analytics.
- Develop tagging specifications.
- Build split testing roadmaps.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience using Google Analytics.
- Strong implementation experience – writing and editing tags, and a good understanding of tagging strategy /testing/quality assurance.
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate Testing (MVT)
- A track record of optimizing business strategy through intelligent use of insight.
- Excellent analytical skills, including a high-level of proficiency with Excel.
- Leadership experience.
3. Network Software Engineer, Access
Google – Mountain View, CA, USA
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren’t daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
As a member of the Access and Energy team, you will be responsible for defining and implementing projects that foster Google’s broader goals of open, low-cost, fast and ubiquitous wired and wireless access to the Internet.
Google’s wireless technologies and products span the globe and require managers and engineers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Software Engineer on our team, you will bring fresh ideas and manage new problems across the full-stack, participating in the full design and test life cycle of highly complex, next generation mmWave and software defined networking platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, code, review, test and debug system/networking software on Linux systems.
- Develop software in C/C++ and Python, in kernel and userspace for wireless platform stacks.
- Interface with hardware development, and support system testing and software QA.
- Contribute to software that runs on Google backend cloud infrastructure.
4. Technical Writer, Developer Products
Google – London Borough of Islington, London, UK
You develop complex, in-depth communications for internal and external audiences and manage projects that involve coordinating multiple junior writers.
As a Technical Writer in Developer Relations, you will communicate with many developers worldwide through conceptual documentation, instructional content, API References, and other content types. With a unique cross-functional perspective, our team of technical writers is the key link between our engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates and external developers who comprise the wide Google ecosystem.
For this position in London, you’ll be working on documentation for web developers, focusing on new web technologies that enable the next generation of web apps that run on a variety of devices, from desktops to mobile.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write technical documentation for our external developer audience, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage complex documentation projects.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code.
5. Software Engineering Intern, BA/BS, Summer 2016
Google – Waterloo, ON, Canada
Software Engineers at Google are researchers and developers who yearn to create and implement complex computer science solutions. Our engineers develop massively scalable, distributed software systems and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and asking questions. You build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how stuff fits together. You need to have a solid foundation in computer science in order to consistently come up with new ideas as well as strive for a deep understanding of our products and services in order to continually improve upon them. We focus on being a collaborative, global organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skills and a keen eye for quality.
As a Software Engineer, you will work on our core products and services as well as those who support critical functions of our engineering operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a software engineer in the Engineering Productivity organization, you’ll use your software design, analysis, and programming skills to create innovative automated test systems. This isn’t a job in which you’ll simply debug and run test cases, in fact, that only scratches the surface. The test team undertakes a broad range of challenges on a daily basis, designing and building intelligent systems that can explore various use cases and scenarios for distributed computing infrastructure. Just imagine trying to design and build an automated testing system for something that’s never been done before. There are no textbooks that can help you learn this, which is why we have some of the best and brightest engineers working in this group.
The Positive Side of 2020: People — and Their Tech Skills — Are Everyone’s Priority
I am starting to write this while reading my message last year, and it definitely feels a bit weird considering what 2020 turned out to be for all of us. It’s been a very strange year for all of us — Cloud Academy customers, colleagues, and friends have been impacted in different way...
Which Certifications Should I Get?
The old AWS slogan, “Cloud is the new normal” is indeed a reality today. Really, cloud has been the new normal for a while now and getting credentials has become an increasingly effective way to quickly showcase your abilities to recruiters and companies. With all that in mind, the s...
Web Hosting vs. Cloud Hosting: What’s the Difference?
A growing number of businesses go online annually. This is not surprising because the future is in online sales. According to forecasts, only in the U.S., the number of online shoppers will increase to 300 million by 2023, which is 91% of the total population of the country. The begi...
10 Benefits of Using Cloud Storage
It’s 2020, and now cloud storage has become one of the most convenient and efficient methods to store data online. There are many storage service providers on the internet, and this area is so vast now every big tech company owns a separate storage facility, which helps to generate a si...
Learn Cloud Computing: Prerequisites
What are the prerequisites and requirements to learn cloud computing? This is the first article in a series to introduce our members to the prerequisites to learning cloud computing. This was a question I was emailed countless times from our users, and while we have Learning Paths, AWS...
8 Financial Benefits of Cloud Migration
Companies that have long migrated to the cloud many times have confirmed the effectiveness of this solution from a practical point of view. This gives you more flexibility to perform tasks, work with data is organized more quickly and efficiently, and the data itself is stored under rel...
10 Reasons Digital Marketing Is More Successful With Cloud Computing
Cloud computing and digital marketing Cloud computing is a technology that serves extensive benefits to businesses. It empowers them to operate more effectively and improve their productivity as well. This is because the tools and applications that are integrated into the cloud can be ...
Cloud Computing: Can It Be a Solution for Your Marketing Strategy?
The competition in the business landscape is daunting and you need to go the extra mile to establish your presence in the market. Besides just ensuring that the products you offer are of the best quality, your marketing strategy should also be better than the rest. Basically, it is all ...
Cloud Computing Solutions: 7 Trends for the Future
The world of cloud computing is in a state of flux. Not long ago, the cloud was considered an emerging technology, known only to IT specialists. Today it is a part of everyday life – 96% of businesses use the cloud in one form or another, and this number only looks set to grow. Whether ...
8 Surprising Ways Cloud Computing Is Changing Education
Cloud computing: Empowering the education industry Over the years, the education industry has come a long way. Teaching and learning are no longer confined to textbooks and classrooms and now reaches computers and mobile devices. Today, learners are always connected — whether they are ...
What Exactly Is a Cloud Architect and How Do You Become One?
One of the buzzwords surrounding the cloud that I'm sure you've heard is "Cloud Architect." In this article, I will outline my understanding of what a cloud architect does and I'll analyze the skills and certifications necessary to become one. I will also list some of the types of jobs ...
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
If you want to deliver digital services of any kind, you’ll need to estimate all types of resources, not the least of which are CPU, memory, storage, and network connectivity. Which resources you choose for your delivery — cloud-based or local — is up to you. But you’ll definitely want...