(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: Interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
This week we’ve found a few really interesting possibilities. Among them are two positions with Amazon itself; one in San Francisco and the other in Dublin, Ireland. If you consider yourself a cloud evangelist, there is a position in the United Kingdom that may be worth some further investigation.
1. NoSQL Solutions Architect
Amazon – San Francisco, CA, US
The DynamoDB team is seeking a solutions architect to be a trusted advisor to our customers and internal teams to craft cloud-based NoSQL solutions to solve large-scale data and analytics problems. You will get a chance to work with some of the most prominent startup as well as some of the largest enterprises to help them architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions. You will also be able to dive deep into the details of customer problems and come up with scalable solutions that address customer needs. You will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture, and product teams to develop the internal expertise needed to grow DynamoDB-related revenue.
- Work with customers to deploy cutting-edge solutions that leverage Amazon DynamoDB
- Work with other AWS teams to drive DynamoDB-related revenue
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying cloud-based NoSQL solutions
- Assess DynamoDB-related knowledge across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address gaps
- Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and lectures
2. Cloud Specialist/Cloud Evangelist
Montash – United Kingdom with travel
Cloud, Architect, Specialist, Manager, Lead, Director, Evangelist, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure, IBM Cloud, Application, Consultancy
Montash has been exclusively engaged by a Global Consultancy organization embarking on a large Cloud transformation and are seeking to acquire a Cloud Specialist, whether that be an Architect, Manager or Lead, who will be responsible for Global Cloud Projects from pre-sales and inception to delivery. The ideal individual will progress from a Cloud background.
The Cloud Specialist/Cloud Architect/Cloud Evangelist will have progressed from a large multi-national organization. The organization operates on a truly global scale and is seeking a collaborative and engaging individual to be part of its Global Cloud team.
- Cloud expertise
- Experienced across Pre-sales and Delivery
- Consultancy experience preferred
- Cloud Applications expertise – either across Cloud, AWS (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- Designing SAP FICO Solutions
- Ability to create high quality and innovative Cloud solutions
- Problem-solving skills to combat solutions in a business perspective
- A high level of written and verbal communication
3. Cloud Solutions Architect (AWS)
iTMethods Inc. – Toronto, Canada Area
Do you like designing solutions that help customers achieve their most pressing objectives? Would you like to do this using the leading cloud platform technologies? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches, automation, and the consultative and leadership skills to Enable, Simplify and Accelerate Customer success? Do you want to be part of the recognized iTMethods team delivering deployment and managed services solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud?
Your aptitude and experience designing and consulting on both AWS “Lift and Shift” and CI/CD DevOps projects liaising with new and existing Enterprise customers will be put to the test as part of one of Canada’s fastest growing, smartest and engaging Sales and Technical teams.
- A consultative, friendly yet focused approach to sales engagement
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts and liaise with administrative and technical teams
- Advanced AWS skills & experience (design & implementation of both “Lift / Shift” and transformative projects)
- Strong VMware experience (design & implementation/deployment) or equivalent
- Experience in DevOps methodologies
- Experienced with automation for deployment and management
4. AWS Solutions Architect
IceMobile – Amsterdam Area, Netherlands
IceMobile has an exciting career opportunity for a Solution Architect. In this role, you are the primary technical point of contact with our customers on product implementations.
As a Solution Architect, you are the “spider in the web” between the various stakeholders in software development. These include the customer and/or Product Owner, Project Management, development teams, and external (technical) partners. You design sound technical solutions that reliably address the requirements of customers, while considering other relevant aspects, including capabilities of the organizations involved, applicable timelines, cost constraints and integration capabilities of customer’s and third parties’ existing systems.
Acting as the technical conscience of the projects you are involved in, you continuously monitor the architectural consistency of the software that is being developed and advise development team members regarding the use of technologies, tools and patterns, both on request and proactively. Furthermore, you stay informed about relevant technical developments, research them and propose their adoption, where appropriate.
- Experience designing deep technical integrations
- Prior Experience in building applications using Node.JS and Restify. Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with Hapi or Express
- Experience designing and implementing systems that expose REST-based APIs
- Experience with modern and legacy databases such as: DynamoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Familiarity with mobile development processes for iOS, Android
- Hands-on experience in building scalable, distributed, server-based enterprise-class applications using J2EE or .NET
- Experience with cloud architecture and hosting in Amazon AWS
5. Deployment Support Engineer – Amazon Web Services
Amazon – Dublin, IE
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in application management and software development including Chef, Git, SVN, and at least one popular programming language. Do you have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows, and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Can you read and troubleshoot code snippets? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, build proof of concept applications. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks, and shell scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services
Microservices Architecture: Advantages and Drawbacks
What are microservices? Let's start our discussion by setting a foundation of what microservices are. Microservices are a way of breaking large software projects into loosely coupled modules, which communicate with each other through simple Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). ...
Kubernetes Services: AWS vs. Azure vs. Google Cloud
Kubernetes is a popular open-source container orchestration platform that allows us to deploy and manage multi-container applications at scale. Businesses are rapidly adopting this revolutionary technology to modernize their applications. Cloud service providers — such as Amazon Web Ser...
AWS Internet of Things (IoT): The 3 Services You Need to Know
The Internet of Things (IoT) embeds technology into any physical thing to enable never-before-seen levels of connectivity. IoT is revolutionizing industries and creating many new market opportunities. Cloud services play an important role in enabling deployment of IoT solutions that min...
Which Certifications Should I Get?
As we mentioned in an earlier post, the old AWS slogan, “Cloud is the new normal” is indeed a reality today. Really, cloud has been the new normal for a while now and getting credentials has become an increasingly effective way to quickly showcase your abilities to recruiters and compan...
How to Go Serverless Like a Pro
So, no servers? Yeah, I checked and there are definitely no servers. Well...the cloud service providers do need servers to host and run the code, but we don’t have to worry about it. Which operating system to use, how and when to run the instances, the scalability, and all the arch...
AWS Security: Bastion Hosts, NAT instances and VPC Peering
Effective security requires close control over your data and resources. Bastion hosts, NAT instances, and VPC peering can help you secure your AWS infrastructure. Welcome to part four of my AWS Security overview. In part three, we looked at network security at the subnet level. This ti...
Top 13 Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Best Practices
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) brings a host of advantages to the table, including static private IP addresses, Elastic Network Interfaces, secure bastion host setup, DHCP options, Advanced Network Access Control, predictable internal IP ranges, VPN connectivity, movement of interna...
Big Changes to the AWS Certification Exams
With AWS re:Invent 2019 just around the corner, we can expect some early announcements to trickle through with upcoming features and services. However, AWS has just announced some big changes to their certification exams. So what’s changing and what’s new? There is a brand NEW ...
New on Cloud Academy: ITIL® 4, Microsoft 365 Tenant, Jenkins, TOGAF® 9.1, and more
At Cloud Academy, we're always striving to make improvements to our training platform. Based on your feedback, we released some new features to help make it easier for you to continue studying. These new features allow you to: Remove content from “Continue Studying” section Disc...
AWS Security Groups: Instance Level Security
Instance security requires that you fully understand AWS security groups, along with patching responsibility, key pairs, and various tenancy options. As a precursor to this post, you should have a thorough understanding of the AWS Shared Responsibility Model before moving onto discussi...
Cloud Migration Risks & Benefits
If you’re like most businesses, you already have at least one workload running in the cloud. However, that doesn’t mean that cloud migration is right for everyone. While cloud environments are generally scalable, reliable, and highly available, those won’t be the only considerations dri...
Real-Time Application Monitoring with Amazon Kinesis
Amazon Kinesis is a real-time data streaming service that makes it easy to collect, process, and analyze data so you can get quick insights and react as fast as possible to new information. With Amazon Kinesis you can ingest real-time data such as application logs, website clickstre...