(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: Interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
This week we’ve found a few really interesting possibilities. Among them are two positions with Amazon itself; one in San Francisco and the other in Dublin, Ireland. If you consider yourself a cloud evangelist, there is a position in the United Kingdom that may be worth some further investigation.
1. NoSQL Solutions Architect
Amazon – San Francisco, CA, US
The DynamoDB team is seeking a solutions architect to be a trusted advisor to our customers and internal teams to craft cloud-based NoSQL solutions to solve large-scale data and analytics problems. You will get a chance to work with some of the most prominent startup as well as some of the largest enterprises to help them architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions. You will also be able to dive deep into the details of customer problems and come up with scalable solutions that address customer needs. You will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture, and product teams to develop the internal expertise needed to grow DynamoDB-related revenue.
- Work with customers to deploy cutting-edge solutions that leverage Amazon DynamoDB
- Work with other AWS teams to drive DynamoDB-related revenue
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying cloud-based NoSQL solutions
- Assess DynamoDB-related knowledge across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address gaps
- Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and lectures
2. Cloud Specialist/Cloud Evangelist
Montash – United Kingdom with travel
Cloud, Architect, Specialist, Manager, Lead, Director, Evangelist, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure, IBM Cloud, Application, Consultancy
Montash has been exclusively engaged by a Global Consultancy organization embarking on a large Cloud transformation and are seeking to acquire a Cloud Specialist, whether that be an Architect, Manager or Lead, who will be responsible for Global Cloud Projects from pre-sales and inception to delivery. The ideal individual will progress from a Cloud background.
The Cloud Specialist/Cloud Architect/Cloud Evangelist will have progressed from a large multi-national organization. The organization operates on a truly global scale and is seeking a collaborative and engaging individual to be part of its Global Cloud team.
- Cloud expertise
- Experienced across Pre-sales and Delivery
- Consultancy experience preferred
- Cloud Applications expertise – either across Cloud, AWS (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- Designing SAP FICO Solutions
- Ability to create high quality and innovative Cloud solutions
- Problem-solving skills to combat solutions in a business perspective
- A high level of written and verbal communication
3. Cloud Solutions Architect (AWS)
iTMethods Inc. – Toronto, Canada Area
Do you like designing solutions that help customers achieve their most pressing objectives? Would you like to do this using the leading cloud platform technologies? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches, automation, and the consultative and leadership skills to Enable, Simplify and Accelerate Customer success? Do you want to be part of the recognized iTMethods team delivering deployment and managed services solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud?
Your aptitude and experience designing and consulting on both AWS “Lift and Shift” and CI/CD DevOps projects liaising with new and existing Enterprise customers will be put to the test as part of one of Canada’s fastest growing, smartest and engaging Sales and Technical teams.
- A consultative, friendly yet focused approach to sales engagement
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts and liaise with administrative and technical teams
- Advanced AWS skills & experience (design & implementation of both “Lift / Shift” and transformative projects)
- Strong VMware experience (design & implementation/deployment) or equivalent
- Experience in DevOps methodologies
- Experienced with automation for deployment and management
4. AWS Solutions Architect
IceMobile – Amsterdam Area, Netherlands
IceMobile has an exciting career opportunity for a Solution Architect. In this role, you are the primary technical point of contact with our customers on product implementations.
As a Solution Architect, you are the “spider in the web” between the various stakeholders in software development. These include the customer and/or Product Owner, Project Management, development teams, and external (technical) partners. You design sound technical solutions that reliably address the requirements of customers, while considering other relevant aspects, including capabilities of the organizations involved, applicable timelines, cost constraints and integration capabilities of customer’s and third parties’ existing systems.
Acting as the technical conscience of the projects you are involved in, you continuously monitor the architectural consistency of the software that is being developed and advise development team members regarding the use of technologies, tools and patterns, both on request and proactively. Furthermore, you stay informed about relevant technical developments, research them and propose their adoption, where appropriate.
- Experience designing deep technical integrations
- Prior Experience in building applications using Node.JS and Restify. Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with Hapi or Express
- Experience designing and implementing systems that expose REST-based APIs
- Experience with modern and legacy databases such as: DynamoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Familiarity with mobile development processes for iOS, Android
- Hands-on experience in building scalable, distributed, server-based enterprise-class applications using J2EE or .NET
- Experience with cloud architecture and hosting in Amazon AWS
5. Deployment Support Engineer – Amazon Web Services
Amazon – Dublin, IE
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in application management and software development including Chef, Git, SVN, and at least one popular programming language. Do you have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows, and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Can you read and troubleshoot code snippets? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, build proof of concept applications. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks, and shell scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services
New Content: Azure DP-100 Certification, Alibaba Cloud Certified Associate Prep, 13 Security Labs, and Much More
This past month our Content Team served up a heaping spoonful of new and updated content. Not only did our experts release the brand new Azure DP-100 Certification Learning Path, but they also created 18 new hands-on labs — and so much more! New content on Cloud Academy At any time, y...
AWS Certification Practice Exam: What to Expect from Test Questions
If you’re building applications on the AWS cloud or looking to get started in cloud computing, certification is a way to build deep knowledge in key services unique to the AWS platform. AWS currently offers 12 certifications that cover major cloud roles including Solutions Architect, De...
Overcoming Unprecedented Business Challenges with AWS
From auto-scaling applications with high availability to video conferencing that’s used by everyone, every day — cloud technology has never been more popular or in-demand. But what does this mean for experienced cloud professionals and the challenges they face as they carve out a new p...
Constant Content: Cloud Academy’s Q3 2020 Roadmap
Hello — Andy Larkin here, VP of Content at Cloud Academy. I am pleased to release our roadmap for the next three months of 2020 — August through October. Let me walk you through the content we have planned for you and how this content can help you gain skills, get certified, and...
New Content: Alibaba, Azure AZ-303 and AZ-304, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation, Python 3 Programming, 16 Hands-on Labs, and Much More
This month our Content Team did an amazing job at publishing and updating a ton of new content. Not only did our experts release the brand new AZ-303 and AZ-304 Certification Learning Paths, but they also created 16 new hands-on labs — and so much more! New content on Cloud Academy At...
Blog Digest: Which Certifications Should I Get?, The 12 Microsoft Azure Certifications, 6 Ways to Prevent a Data Breach, and More
This month, we were excited to announce that Cloud Academy was recognized in the G2 Summer 2020 reports! These reports highlight the top-rated solutions in the industry, as chosen by the source that matters most: customers. We're grateful to have been nominated as a High Performer in se...
Which Certifications Should I Get?
The old AWS slogan, “Cloud is the new normal” is indeed a reality today. Really, cloud has been the new normal for a while now and getting credentials has become an increasingly effective way to quickly showcase your abilities to recruiters and companies. With all that in mind, the s...
New Content: AWS, Azure, Typescript, Java, Docker, 13 New Labs, and Much More
This month, our Content Team released a whopping 13 new labs in real cloud environments! If you haven't tried out our labs, you might not understand why we think that number is so impressive. Our labs are not “simulated” experiences — they are real cloud environments using accounts on A...
Kickstart Your Tech Training With a Free Week on Cloud Academy
Are you looking to make a jump in your technical career? Want to get trained or certified on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, DevOps, Kubernetes, Python, or another in-demand skill? Then you'll want to mark your calendar. Starting Monday, June 22 at 12:00 a.m. PDT (3:00 a.m. EDT), ...
New Content: AZ-500 and AZ-400 Updates, 3 Google Professional Exam Preps, Practical ML Learning Path, C# Programming, and More
This month, our Content Team released tons of new content and labs in real cloud environments. Not only that, but we introduced our very first highly interactive "Office Hours" webinar. This webinar, Acing the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, started with a quick overvie...
Azure vs. AWS: Which Certification Provides the Brighter Future?
More and more companies are using cloud services, prompting more and more people to switch their current IT position to something cloud-related. The problem is most people only have that much time after work to learn new technologies, and there are plenty of cloud services that you can ...
Blog Digest: 5 Reasons to Get AWS Certified, OWASP Top 10, Getting Started with VPCs, Top 10 Soft Skills, and More
Thank you for being a valued member of our community! We recently sent out a short survey to understand what type of content you would like us to add to Cloud Academy, and we want to thank everyone who gave us their input. If you would like to complete the survey, it's not too late. It ...