(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: Interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
This week we’ve found a few really interesting possibilities. Among them are two positions with Amazon itself; one in San Francisco and the other in Dublin, Ireland. If you consider yourself a cloud evangelist, there is a position in the United Kingdom that may be worth some further investigation.
1. NoSQL Solutions Architect
Amazon – San Francisco, CA, US
The DynamoDB team is seeking a solutions architect to be a trusted advisor to our customers and internal teams to craft cloud-based NoSQL solutions to solve large-scale data and analytics problems. You will get a chance to work with some of the most prominent startup as well as some of the largest enterprises to help them architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions. You will also be able to dive deep into the details of customer problems and come up with scalable solutions that address customer needs. You will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture, and product teams to develop the internal expertise needed to grow DynamoDB-related revenue.
- Work with customers to deploy cutting-edge solutions that leverage Amazon DynamoDB
- Work with other AWS teams to drive DynamoDB-related revenue
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying cloud-based NoSQL solutions
- Assess DynamoDB-related knowledge across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address gaps
- Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and lectures
2. Cloud Specialist/Cloud Evangelist
Montash – United Kingdom with travel
Cloud, Architect, Specialist, Manager, Lead, Director, Evangelist, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure, IBM Cloud, Application, Consultancy
Montash has been exclusively engaged by a Global Consultancy organization embarking on a large Cloud transformation and are seeking to acquire a Cloud Specialist, whether that be an Architect, Manager or Lead, who will be responsible for Global Cloud Projects from pre-sales and inception to delivery. The ideal individual will progress from a Cloud background.
The Cloud Specialist/Cloud Architect/Cloud Evangelist will have progressed from a large multi-national organization. The organization operates on a truly global scale and is seeking a collaborative and engaging individual to be part of its Global Cloud team.
- Cloud expertise
- Experienced across Pre-sales and Delivery
- Consultancy experience preferred
- Cloud Applications expertise – either across Cloud, AWS (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- Designing SAP FICO Solutions
- Ability to create high quality and innovative Cloud solutions
- Problem-solving skills to combat solutions in a business perspective
- A high level of written and verbal communication
3. Cloud Solutions Architect (AWS)
iTMethods Inc. – Toronto, Canada Area
Do you like designing solutions that help customers achieve their most pressing objectives? Would you like to do this using the leading cloud platform technologies? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches, automation, and the consultative and leadership skills to Enable, Simplify and Accelerate Customer success? Do you want to be part of the recognized iTMethods team delivering deployment and managed services solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud?
Your aptitude and experience designing and consulting on both AWS “Lift and Shift” and CI/CD DevOps projects liaising with new and existing Enterprise customers will be put to the test as part of one of Canada’s fastest growing, smartest and engaging Sales and Technical teams.
- A consultative, friendly yet focused approach to sales engagement
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts and liaise with administrative and technical teams
- Advanced AWS skills & experience (design & implementation of both “Lift / Shift” and transformative projects)
- Strong VMware experience (design & implementation/deployment) or equivalent
- Experience in DevOps methodologies
- Experienced with automation for deployment and management
4. AWS Solutions Architect
IceMobile – Amsterdam Area, Netherlands
IceMobile has an exciting career opportunity for a Solution Architect. In this role, you are the primary technical point of contact with our customers on product implementations.
As a Solution Architect, you are the “spider in the web” between the various stakeholders in software development. These include the customer and/or Product Owner, Project Management, development teams, and external (technical) partners. You design sound technical solutions that reliably address the requirements of customers, while considering other relevant aspects, including capabilities of the organizations involved, applicable timelines, cost constraints and integration capabilities of customer’s and third parties’ existing systems.
Acting as the technical conscience of the projects you are involved in, you continuously monitor the architectural consistency of the software that is being developed and advise development team members regarding the use of technologies, tools and patterns, both on request and proactively. Furthermore, you stay informed about relevant technical developments, research them and propose their adoption, where appropriate.
- Experience designing deep technical integrations
- Prior Experience in building applications using Node.JS and Restify. Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with Hapi or Express
- Experience designing and implementing systems that expose REST-based APIs
- Experience with modern and legacy databases such as: DynamoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Familiarity with mobile development processes for iOS, Android
- Hands-on experience in building scalable, distributed, server-based enterprise-class applications using J2EE or .NET
- Experience with cloud architecture and hosting in Amazon AWS
5. Deployment Support Engineer – Amazon Web Services
Amazon – Dublin, IE
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in application management and software development including Chef, Git, SVN, and at least one popular programming language. Do you have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows, and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Can you read and troubleshoot code snippets? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, build proof of concept applications. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks, and shell scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services
Real-Time Application Monitoring with Amazon Kinesis
Amazon Kinesis is a real-time data streaming service that makes it easy to collect, process, and analyze data so you can get quick insights and react as fast as possible to new information. With Amazon Kinesis you can ingest real-time data such as application logs, website clickstre...
Google Vision vs. Amazon Rekognition: A Vendor-Neutral Comparison
Google Cloud Vision and Amazon Rekognition offer a broad spectrum of solutions, some of which are comparable in terms of functional details, quality, performance, and costs. This post is a fact-based comparative analysis on Google Vision vs. Amazon Rekognition and will focus on the tech...
New on Cloud Academy: CISSP, AWS, Azure, & DevOps Labs, Python for Beginners, and more…
As Hurricane Dorian intensifies, it looks like Floridians across the entire state might have to hunker down for another big one. If you've gone through a hurricane, you know that preparing for one is no joke. You'll need a survival kit with plenty of water, flashlights, batteries, and n...
Amazon Route 53: Why You Should Consider DNS Migration
What Amazon Route 53 brings to the DNS table Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by AWS. It is named by the TCP or UDP port 53, which is where DNS server requests are addressed. Like any DNS service, Route 53 handles domain regist...
How to Unlock Complimentary Access to Cloud Academy
Are you looking to get trained or certified on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, DevOps, Cloud Security, Python, Java, or another technical skill? Then you'll want to mark your calendars for August 23, 2019. Starting Friday at 12:00 a.m. PDT (3:00 a.m. EDT), Cloud Academy is offering c...
What Exactly Is a Cloud Architect and How Do You Become One?
One of the buzzwords surrounding the cloud that I'm sure you've heard is "Cloud Architect." In this article, I will outline my understanding of what a cloud architect does and I'll analyze the skills and certifications necessary to become one. I will also list some of the types of jobs ...
Boto: Using Python to Automate AWS Services
Boto allows you to write scripts to automate things like starting AWS EC2 instances Boto is a Python package that provides programmatic connectivity to Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS offers a range of services for dynamically scaling servers including the core compute service, Elastic...
Content Roadmap: AZ-500, ITIL 4, MS-100, Google Cloud Associate Engineer, and More
Last month, Cloud Academy joined forces with QA, the UK’s largest B2B skills provider, and it put us in an excellent position to solve a massive skills gap problem. As a result of this collaboration, you will see our training library grow with additions from QA’s massive catalog of 500+...
DevSecOps: How to Secure DevOps Environments
Security has been a friction point when discussing DevOps. This stems from the assumption that DevOps teams move too fast to handle security concerns. This makes sense if Information Security (InfoSec) is separate from the DevOps value stream, or if development velocity exceeds the band...
Test Your Cloud Knowledge on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
Cloud skills are in demand | In today's digital era, employers are constantly seeking skilled professionals with working knowledge of AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. According to the 2019 Trends in Cloud Transformation report by 451 Research: Business and IT transformations re...
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
If you want to deliver digital services of any kind, you’ll need to estimate all types of resources, not the least of which are CPU, memory, storage, and network connectivity. Which resources you choose for your delivery — cloud-based or local — is up to you. But you’ll definitely want...
Google Cloud vs AWS: A Comparison (or can they be compared?)
The "Google Cloud vs AWS" argument used to be a common discussion among our members, but is this still really a thing? You may already know that there are three major players in the public cloud platforms arena: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)...