(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: Interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
This week we’ve found a few really interesting possibilities. Among them are two positions with Amazon itself; one in San Francisco and the other in Dublin, Ireland. If you consider yourself a cloud evangelist, there is a position in the United Kingdom that may be worth some further investigation.
1. NoSQL Solutions Architect
Amazon – San Francisco, CA, US
The DynamoDB team is seeking a solutions architect to be a trusted advisor to our customers and internal teams to craft cloud-based NoSQL solutions to solve large-scale data and analytics problems. You will get a chance to work with some of the most prominent startup as well as some of the largest enterprises to help them architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions. You will also be able to dive deep into the details of customer problems and come up with scalable solutions that address customer needs. You will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture, and product teams to develop the internal expertise needed to grow DynamoDB-related revenue.
- Work with customers to deploy cutting-edge solutions that leverage Amazon DynamoDB
- Work with other AWS teams to drive DynamoDB-related revenue
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying cloud-based NoSQL solutions
- Assess DynamoDB-related knowledge across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address gaps
- Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and lectures
2. Cloud Specialist/Cloud Evangelist
Montash – United Kingdom with travel
Cloud, Architect, Specialist, Manager, Lead, Director, Evangelist, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure, IBM Cloud, Application, Consultancy
Montash has been exclusively engaged by a Global Consultancy organization embarking on a large Cloud transformation and are seeking to acquire a Cloud Specialist, whether that be an Architect, Manager or Lead, who will be responsible for Global Cloud Projects from pre-sales and inception to delivery. The ideal individual will progress from a Cloud background.
The Cloud Specialist/Cloud Architect/Cloud Evangelist will have progressed from a large multi-national organization. The organization operates on a truly global scale and is seeking a collaborative and engaging individual to be part of its Global Cloud team.
- Cloud expertise
- Experienced across Pre-sales and Delivery
- Consultancy experience preferred
- Cloud Applications expertise – either across Cloud, AWS (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- Designing SAP FICO Solutions
- Ability to create high quality and innovative Cloud solutions
- Problem-solving skills to combat solutions in a business perspective
- A high level of written and verbal communication
3. Cloud Solutions Architect (AWS)
iTMethods Inc. – Toronto, Canada Area
Do you like designing solutions that help customers achieve their most pressing objectives? Would you like to do this using the leading cloud platform technologies? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches, automation, and the consultative and leadership skills to Enable, Simplify and Accelerate Customer success? Do you want to be part of the recognized iTMethods team delivering deployment and managed services solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud?
Your aptitude and experience designing and consulting on both AWS “Lift and Shift” and CI/CD DevOps projects liaising with new and existing Enterprise customers will be put to the test as part of one of Canada’s fastest growing, smartest and engaging Sales and Technical teams.
- A consultative, friendly yet focused approach to sales engagement
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts and liaise with administrative and technical teams
- Advanced AWS skills & experience (design & implementation of both “Lift / Shift” and transformative projects)
- Strong VMware experience (design & implementation/deployment) or equivalent
- Experience in DevOps methodologies
- Experienced with automation for deployment and management
4. AWS Solutions Architect
IceMobile – Amsterdam Area, Netherlands
IceMobile has an exciting career opportunity for a Solution Architect. In this role, you are the primary technical point of contact with our customers on product implementations.
As a Solution Architect, you are the “spider in the web” between the various stakeholders in software development. These include the customer and/or Product Owner, Project Management, development teams, and external (technical) partners. You design sound technical solutions that reliably address the requirements of customers, while considering other relevant aspects, including capabilities of the organizations involved, applicable timelines, cost constraints and integration capabilities of customer’s and third parties’ existing systems.
Acting as the technical conscience of the projects you are involved in, you continuously monitor the architectural consistency of the software that is being developed and advise development team members regarding the use of technologies, tools and patterns, both on request and proactively. Furthermore, you stay informed about relevant technical developments, research them and propose their adoption, where appropriate.
- Experience designing deep technical integrations
- Prior Experience in building applications using Node.JS and Restify. Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with Hapi or Express
- Experience designing and implementing systems that expose REST-based APIs
- Experience with modern and legacy databases such as: DynamoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Familiarity with mobile development processes for iOS, Android
- Hands-on experience in building scalable, distributed, server-based enterprise-class applications using J2EE or .NET
- Experience with cloud architecture and hosting in Amazon AWS
5. Deployment Support Engineer – Amazon Web Services
Amazon – Dublin, IE
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in application management and software development including Chef, Git, SVN, and at least one popular programming language. Do you have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows, and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Can you read and troubleshoot code snippets? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
- Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, build proof of concept applications. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks, and shell scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services
New Content: Platforms, Programming, and DevOps – Something for Everyone
This month our team of expert certification specialists released three new or updated learning paths, 16 courses, 13 hands-on labs, and four lab challenges! New content on Cloud Academy You can always visit our Content Roadmap to see what’s just released as well as what’s coming soon....
Mastering AWS Organizations Service Control Policies
Service Control Policies (SCPs) are IAM-like policies to manage permissions in AWS Organizations. SCPs restrict the actions allowed for accounts within the organization making each one of them compliant with your guidelines. SCPs are not meant to grant permissions; you should consider ...
New Content: Focus on DevOps and Programming Content this Month
This month our team of expert certification specialists released 12 new or updated learning paths, 15 courses, 25 hands-on labs, and four lab challenges! New content on Cloud Academy You can always visit our Content Roadmap to see what’s just released as well as what’s coming soon. Ja...
New Content: Get Ready for the CISM Cert Exam & Learn About Alibaba, Plus All the AWS, GCP, and Azure Courses You Know You Can Count On
This month our team of intrepid certification specialists released five learning paths, seven courses, 19 hands-on labs, and three lab challenges! One particularly interesting new learning path is Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Foundations. After completing this learn...
Which Certifications Should I Get?
The old AWS slogan, “Cloud is the new normal” is indeed a reality today. Really, cloud has been the new normal for a while now and getting credentials has become an increasingly effective way to quickly showcase your abilities to recruiters and companies. With all that in mind, the s...
The 12 AWS Certifications: Which is Right for You and Your Team?
As companies increasingly shift workloads to the public cloud, cloud computing has moved from a nice-to-have to a core competency in the enterprise. This shift requires a new set of skills to design, deploy, and manage applications in cloud computing. As the market leader and most ma...
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate: A Study Guide
Want to take a really impactful step in your technical career? Explore the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certificate. Its new version (SAA-C02) was released on March 23, 2020. The AWS Solutions Architect - Associate Certification (or Sol Arch Associate for short) offers some ...
New Content: AWS Terraform, Java Programming Lab Challenges, Azure DP-900 & DP-300 Certification Exam Prep, Plus Plenty More Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Big Data Courses
This month our Content Team continues building the catalog of courses for everyone learning about AWS, GCP, and Microsoft Azure. In addition, this month’s updates include several Java programming lab challenges and a couple of courses on big data. In total, we released five new learning...
Where Should You Be Focusing Your AWS Security Efforts?
Another day, another re:Invent session! This time I listened to Stephen Schmidt’s session, “AWS Security: Where we've been, where we're going.” Amongst covering the highlights of AWS security during 2020, a number of newly added AWS features/services were discussed, including: AWS Audit...
AWS re:Invent: 2020 Keynote Top Highlights and More
We’ve gotten through the first five days of the special all-virtual 2020 edition of AWS re:Invent. It’s always a really exciting time for practitioners in the field to see what features and services AWS has cooked up for the year ahead. This year’s conference is a marathon and not a...
WARNING: Great Cloud Content Ahead
At Cloud Academy, content is at the heart of what we do. We work with the world’s leading cloud and operations teams to develop video courses and learning paths that accelerate teams and drive digital transformation. First and foremost, we listen to our customers’ needs and we stay ahea...
Excelling in AWS, Azure, and Beyond – How Danut Prisacaru Prepares for the Future
Meet Danut Prisacaru. Danut has been a Software Architect for the past 10 years and has been involved in Software Engineering for 30 years. He’s passionate about software and learning, and jokes that coding is basically the only thing he can do well (!). We think his enthusiasm shines t...