(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Recent reports indicate that there are approximately four million Cloud Computing-associated jobs in the U.S. today. Estimates put the number of global positions at a whopping eighteen million jobs with close to half of those being in China.
With that in mind, Cloud Academy will spend time each week searching the Internet for some of the most promising opportunities in the Cloud Computing market. We will list the most exciting openings we find from all corners of the globe. As cloud computing providers continue to expand and improve their services, more enterprises will choose to jump on board, increasing demand yet further for cloud architects, cloud developers, and DevOps engineers.
And that means you.
Employers: Interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
1. AWS Solutions Architect
AHEAD – Chicago, IL, US
The AWS DevOps Engineer will assist in leading a team that builds automation and services in order to make operating a massive large scale distributed system simple. This person will have a strong understanding of Software Development, Linux & Networking Technologies. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience working as a software engineer. As an AWS DevOps engineer, you will excel at making the development software workflow and systems management integrate together and achieve their objectives of reliability and scalability. You will be an automation master and you are familiar with deployment tools such as Vagrant, Chef or Puppet, Saltstack, and Ansible.
2. Linux Administrator / Dev Ops
Conex Europe Ltd – London, GB
Linux Systems administrator wanted by this successful, well known expanding organisation. You’ll have experience in Linux sys admin/devops, including building and maintaining systems, and ideally, a customer-facing website. You’ll have good expertise with internal tools, a warehouse management system, call centre and internal office infrastructure. The company will be releasing a new platform based on Ruby on Rails and Sinatra, Mysql and Elasticsearch over Nginx and Passenger, their new current platform is over AWS, using many services from them including EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Cloudformation, RDS, Route53, VPC, Redshift, Lambda, etc. Some LAMP experience is needed for supporting Legacy infrastructure. They also use Chef and Github for configuration management. Fantastic opportunity for a good, experienced Linux Administrator/ Build Engingeer looking to improve their career to the next level. Conex Europe Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3. Senior System Engineer
TomTom – The Netherlands, Amsterdam
As a member of this team, you are asked to deliver the following:
- This is a team-orientated atmosphere and good communication skills are a must. You will improve your co-worker’s skill set with your knowledge and receive the same in return;
- Whilst you’re successful, you’re always looking to improve. You keep a broader view in which technology, however cool, is only useful if it gets applied in simple but meaningful ways;
- You actively contribute to putting tools in place to let other teams in the department and TomTom automate their work. We love elegant, maintenance free, solid tooling that runs efficiently. Our stack is based on Puppet, AWS, CloudStack, KVM, CentOS, and in-house gluing. For monitoring the parts we put in place, we use LogStash,Kibana, ElasticSearch and graphite.
4. Linux Software Development Engineer
AWS – Seattle, WA
If you are a software developer who is passionate about building the platform to support the world’s premier cloud computing environment, then this is the job for you.
The Linux Development team is responsible for the design and maintenance of tools associated with Amazon’s Linux platforms as well as the build and deployment of our Linux platforms, which support the Amazon E-Commerce platforms and Amazon Web Services. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our drive for product excellence.
Software Development Engineers perform a broad array of the coding and design of the tools we use to build our Linux platform. They synthesize design requirements into action with minimal direct oversight.
5. Deployment Support Associate – Amazon Web Services
AWS – Dublin, Ireland
We are seeking people with strong customer support and technical skills. Do you have experience troubleshooting problems spanning multiple systems? Do you have a background in networking or operating systems? Do you have experience providing world-class customer service? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced monitoring and troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Interact with leading IT companies around the world
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Knowledge of Internet Fundamentals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to juggle many tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Excited about technology