(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
This week we are back to searching for interesting AWS jobs worldwide. With no particular criteria except…AWS. You will find opportunities below in the U.S, on both the East Coast and the West Coast, Australia, and Canada.
1. Data Engineer
GrubHub – New York, NY, US
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub Holdings Inc. is the nation’s leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The GrubHub Holdings Inc. portfolio of brands includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from thousands of takeout restaurants across the country and London, and every order is supported by the company’s 24/7 customer service. GrubHub Holdings Inc. has offices in Chicago, New York City and London.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Experience with columnar storage and massive parallel processing data warehouses (Redshift preferred)
- Experience modeling and querying for NoSQL databases (Cassandra preferred, HBase acceptable)
- Experience working within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem (S3, EC2, etc)
- Develop compelling PoC’s for data solutions using emerging technologies for real-time and big data ingestion and processing
- Contribute to designing, building, and deploying high-performance production platforms/infrastructure to support data warehousing, real-time ETL, and and batch big-data processing; help define standards and best practices for enterprise usage
- Design, build, and maintain processes and components of a streaming data/ETL pipeline to support real-time analytics (from requirements to data transformation, data modeling, metric definition, reporting, etc)
- Focus on data quality – detect data/analytics quality issues all the way down to root cause, and implement fixes and data audits to prevent/capture such issues
- Collaborate with data scientists to design and develop processes to further business unit and company-wide data science initiatives on a common data platform
- Translate business analytic needs into enterprise data models and ETL processes to populate them
2. DevOps Engineer
ThoughtWorks – San Francisco, USA
At ThoughtWorks our dedication to the art of software delivery has long meant driving deeper collaboration between different parts of an organization. We literally wrote the book on Continuous Delivery, which recognizes the deeper role of infrastructure and operations as an integral part of the delivery process, and have been an active part of the DevOps community since the beginning.
As a DevOps Engineer at ThoughtWorks you are responsible for bringing and spreading the knowledge, ideas, and hands-on implementation skills needed to deliver and run software services.
We help our customers to adopt DevOps approaches, break out of rigid, traditional ways of working and move to more customer-focused and agile approach. We currently have multiple positions for experts in infrastructure as code and DevOps to join us.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience working with server virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and PaaS cloud (AWS, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry.)
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform)
As a DevOps Engineer at ThoughtWorks you are responsible for ensuring that the team and client have an understanding of operational requirements, and take shared responsibility for designing and implementing the infrastructure for delivering and running software services. This includes hands-on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together so communication is essential to ensure stuff is not missed. You will be depended upon for advice regarding the cross-functional aspects of user stories which may not always be obvious from the start. Watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls are all within the realms of an Infrastructure Developer at ThoughtWorks. In addition to technical skills, at ThoughtWorks we also need excellent coaches so your patience and a desire to take others along with you is absolutely key. If this sounds appealing then we want to talk to you!
3. Linux Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer
Finite IT Recruitment Solutions – Melbourne
This role is part of the infrastructure team that manages the physical and virtual systems and networks that the company runs on. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing the companies’ infrastructure and systems, and you’ll play a crucial role in how the team manages core programs and processes.
On your bow you will have 5 or more years of experience building and managing Linux systems (they use Ubuntu and RHEL) in a highly available and scalable environment. You will also have extensive experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS), since it plays a big role in their current and future infrastructure plans.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing and optimizing AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Improving their logging and monitoring processes.
- Debugging critical infrastructure issues and general on-call duties.
- Creating secure and scalable systems in AWS.
- Experience using sysctl to tune performance.
- Experience operating highly available, large-scale distributed systems.
- Apache and mod_wsgi, Ngnix, Node.js.
- Load Balancing (Big-IP F5).
- Databases(PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Cassandra).
- Backup and Recovery.
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning (Zenoss, statsd/graphite, Logstash, ElasticSearch).
4. Build Master/Configuration Specialist (AWS, Linux, GIT, Puppet, etc.)
TouchTunes Interactive Networks – Montreal
In the clouds do you enjoy wielding the power to create, scale up and scale down compute clusters? Are you a technical puppet master able to automate and extend build systems?
Do you think not using a button on a web browser to deploy an entire compute cluster is so 2010? Are you an entrepreneurial spirit with strong closing abilities? Do you dream of containerization and virtualization systems and think the cloud is not big enough for the software you help deploy?
Then TouchTunes may be looking for you!
TouchTunes is the largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, featured in over 71,000 bars and restaurants across North America and Europe. Our network supports a growing portfolio of location-based digital solutions that encourage social interactions through shared experiences.
TouchTunes is looking for software Build Master / Configuration Specialist to work in our Services Platform Division.
The Build Master /Configuration specialist works with architects, production leads, technical leads, developers, and IT staff to analyze, develop and create development infrastructures; code repository and review systems; and containerization and deployment software for the TouchTunes Services Platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and evolve various build process: Mobile Application, Backend Server and REST APIs on AWS.
- Help design, build, test and configure our next generation containerized micro-services platform (Docker).
- Maintain and update the build tools (Java, php, rpm, Git, JHBuild, Maven, Jenkins, Gerrit) and create tools to report the status of builds and their content.
- Create and maintain puppet configurations.
- Create tools to provide adequate documentation for managers and developers.
- Administrate a knowledge-based (Confluence) site that is used by 5 development groups (Montreal, Chicago, New York, Bangalore, Russia) and develops plugins (Java) to enhance functionality.
- Enforce the “continuous integration” paradigm for every development team.
- Support various development and operations groups by providing them a standardized process, from code push to deployment.