AWS is renowned for the rate at which it reinvents, revolutionizes, and meets customer demands and expectations through its continuous cycle of feature and service updates. With hundreds of updates a month, it can be difficult to stay on top of all the changes made available.
Here at Cloud Academy, we strive to bring you the latest and most up-to-date content, allowing you to continually stay informed of the most important significant and important updates. Compute is one of the foundational building blocks of AWS, and as a result, our AWS Compute Fundamentals of AWS course is one of our most popular pieces of content in this category.
Our latest update has seen revisions made to all lectures — in addition to new visuals and audio. There have also been two new lectures covering compute services, including:
- Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR): This service links closely with the EC2 Container Service (ECS) as it provides a secure location to store and manage your Docker images that can be distributed and deployed across your applications. This is a fully managed service, and as a result, you do not need to provision any infrastructure to create this registry of Docker images. This service is provided and managed by AWS and is primarily used by developers, allowing them to push, pull, and manage their library of Docker images in a secure, central location.
In the lecture covering ECR, I will look at some of the components used within the service:
- Authorization Token
- Repository Policy
Watch this short video for an overview of the ECR components:
- Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS): With EKS, AWS provides a managed service allowing you to run Kubernetes across your AWS infrastructure without having to take care of provisioning and running the Kubernetes management infrastructure in what’s referred to as the “control plane.” You, the AWS account owner, only need to provision and maintain the worker nodes.
In this lecture, I will explain the Kubernetes control plane and worker nodes, in addition to what’s required to start using the EKS service.
Watch this short video for an overview of Amazon EKS
The full course is approximately 80 minutes long and provides a foundation and overview of the below AWS services. This knowledge can empower you to select the most appropriate service for your solutions.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): Understand all elements of EC2, including how it’s put together, and how it works. Since this section covers all the elements of EC2, it is the longest lecture.
- Amazon ECS (EC2 Container Service): Gain a high-level overview of the EC2 Container Service and how it relates to Docker.
- Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR): Learn how ECR links closely with ECS to provide a secure location to store and manage your Docker images
- Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS): Learn how EKS provides a managed service allowing you to run Kubernetes across your AWS infrastructure without having to take care of running the Kubernetes control plane
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk: Understand how Elastic Beanstalk is used to automatically deploy applications using EC2 and a number of other AWS services.
- AWS Lambda: Learn what serverless means and how AWS Lambda is used to run your own code in response to events.
- AWS Batch: Gain a high-level overview of AWS Batch and how it relates to batch computing
- Amazon Lightsail: Understand that Amazon Lightsail is a Virtual Private Server solution used for small scale projects and use cases.
If you want to learn the differences between the AWS compute services, then this course is for you! With demonstrations and multiple Hands-on Labs, you will gain the theory, technical knowledge, and experience using many of the AWS services, while enabling you to have a solid understanding of the AWS compute services.
Which Certifications Should I Get?
As we mentioned in an earlier post, the old AWS slogan, “Cloud is the new normal” is indeed a reality today. Really, cloud has been the new normal for a while now and getting credentials has become an increasingly effective way to quickly showcase your abilities to recruiters and compan...
New Content: AWS, Azure, Typescript, Java, Docker, 13 New Labs, and Much More
This month, our Content Team released a whopping 13 new labs in real cloud environments! If you haven't tried out our labs, you might not understand why we think that number is so impressive. Our labs are not “simulated” experiences — they are real cloud environments using accounts on A...
Kickstart Your Tech Training With a Free Week on Cloud Academy
Are you looking to make a jump in your technical career? Want to get trained or certified on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, DevOps, Kubernetes, Python, or another in-demand skill?Then you'll want to mark your calendar. Starting Monday, June 22 at 12:00 a.m. PDT (3:00 a.m. EDT), ...
New Content: AZ-500 and AZ-400 Updates, 3 Google Professional Exam Preps, Practical ML Learning Path, C# Programming, and More
This month, our Content Team released tons of new content and labs in real cloud environments. Not only that, but we introduced our very first highly interactive "Office Hours" webinar. This webinar, Acing the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, started with a quick overvie...
Azure vs. AWS: Which Certification Provides the Brighter Future?
More and more companies are using cloud services, prompting more and more people to switch their current IT position to something cloud-related. The problem is most people only have that much time after work to learn new technologies, and there are plenty of cloud services that you can ...
Blog Digest: 5 Reasons to Get AWS Certified, OWASP Top 10, Getting Started with VPCs, Top 10 Soft Skills, and More
Thank you for being a valued member of our community! We recently sent out a short survey to understand what type of content you would like us to add to Cloud Academy, and we want to thank everyone who gave us their input. If you would like to complete the survey, it's not too late. It ...
New Content: Alibaba, Azure Cert Prep: AI-100, AZ-104, AZ-204 & AZ-400, Amazon Athena Playground, Google Cloud Developer Challenge, and much more
This month, our Content Team released 8 new learning paths, 4 courses, 7 labs in real cloud environments, and 4 new knowledge check assessments. Not only that, but we introduced our very first course on Alibaba Cloud, and our expert instructors are working 'round the clock to create 6 n...
Top 5 Reasons to Get AWS Certified Right Now
Cloud computing trends are on the rise and have been for some time already. Fortunately, it’s never too late to start learning cloud computing. Skills like AWS and others associated with cloud computing are in high demand because cloud technologies have become crucial for many businesse...
Introducing Our Newest Lab Environments: Lab Playgrounds
Want to train in a real cloud environment, but feel slowed down by spinning up your own deployments? When you consider security or pricing costs, it can be costly and challenging to get up to speed quickly for self-training. To solve this problem, Cloud Academy created a new suite of la...
Blog Digest: AWS Breaking News, Azure DevOps, AWS Study Guide, 8 Ways to Prevent a Ransomware Attack, and More
New articles by topicAWS Azure Data Science Google Cloud Cloud Adoption Platform Updates & New Content Security Women in TechAWSBreaking News: All AWS Certification Exams Now Available Online As an Advanced AWS Technology Partner, C...
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate: A Study Guide
Want to take a really impactful step in your technical career? Explore the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certificate. Its new version (SAA-C02) was released on March 23, 2020, though you can still take SAA-C01 through July 1, 2020. This post will focus on version SAA-C02.The AWS...
New on Cloud Academy: AWS Solutions Architect Exam Prep, Azure Courses, GCP Engineer Exam Prep, Programming, and More
Free content on Cloud Academy More and more customers are relying on our technology and content to keep upskilling their people in these months, and we are doing our best to keep supporting them. While the world fights the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to make a small contribution to he...