In my last blog post, we discussed the advantages of using the CipherGraph Cloud VPN solution to connect the Amazon VPC environment from office LANs or homes or any other locations. In this post, we will discuss how to deploy the CipherGraph solution to connect your VPC resources.
Here are the steps to deploy the CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway (CAG).
CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway(CAG) Server Setup
1. Create a VPC environment with at least 1 Public subnet and Multiple Private Subnets as shown in the below diagram.
2. Select the CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway AMI from Amazon Marketplace and create an instance within your public subnet of your VPC network
3. Please create at least with an m1.small instance, and follow the launch configuration steps
4. CipherGraph will create a new Security Group and a couple of rules also as part of the launch configuration. Please keep those rules as it is for testing, for production VPC you can change the rules as per your security compliance.
5. Associate an Elastic IP Address to the Instance
6. After the Instance Launch is complete, you can now open the CAG management console. You can access it by using the https://<Assigned Elastic IP Address>:9080/. For example, if the Elastic IP Address you assigned was 220.127.116.11 then the management console is at https://18.104.22.168:9080
username : cgnadmin
Password : <Your CAG Instance ID>. Example: i-12ab3de
7. After successful login, you can see the CAG management console home page.
8. Change the admin user default password by clicking on “Admin Console” on the left pane.
9. Please go through each menu item in the left pane to make yourself comfortable with the terminology
10. By default, CipherGraph will create the test user called “testuser” and publicly allowed access rule for testing. We will cover the user management and access rules in detail in the next blog post. For now, we will use “testuser” for our testing.
11. CAG cannot apply changes as you make changes to the configurations. In the left navigation menu “Apply Changes” menu item will be visible if you have any changes that still not yet applied. Once you finish your changes, click on “Apply Changes” navigation item and then you may either click on “Apply Changes” to take effect of your changes by CAG or “Discard Changes” to ignore the changes you made
Please add rules for Private Subnets machines security groups to allow the CAG server to communicate with those machines. These are the rules which will be allowed to connect your AWS resources from your Laptop, or Home PC or Tablet
CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway(CAG) Client Setup (Windows)
We will set up the CAG client application in your users’ laptops, or home PCs to establish a VPN connectivity with the VPC environment using CAG server. Here we will discuss how to set up the CAG client in Windows OS.
- Download the Client Application Installer depending on the OS type which you use and Client Configuration file (ciphergraph.cgn) from the Downloads menu. Also, distribute this installer & config file to the users who need access to the VPC environment. Here we will download the Windows Installer
Install the Client Application Installer and open the “Configure CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway” utility from your client machine
Import the downloaded configuration file to the above open utility and restart your client machine to take the effect of the change.
Run the “Connect CipherGraph” application from the start menu or Desktop and then click connect
Once connected a new browser window will be opened automatically, please enter your login/password given by your CipherGraph Admin. Here we have used the “testuser” account.
Congratulations! You are now connected to your VPC via CipherGraph CAG. You can start using your VPC resources via SSH, RDP or HTTP, etc.
New Content: AWS Terraform, Java Programming Lab Challenges, Azure DP-900 & DP-300 Certification Exam Prep, Plus Plenty More Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Big Data Courses
This month our Content Team continues building the catalog of courses for everyone learning about AWS, GCP, and Microsoft Azure. In addition, this month’s updates include several Java programming lab challenges and a couple of courses on big data. In total, we released five new learning...
Where Should You Be Focusing Your AWS Security Efforts?
Another day, another re:Invent session! This time I listened to Stephen Schmidt’s session, “AWS Security: Where we've been, where we're going.” Amongst covering the highlights of AWS security during 2020, a number of newly added AWS features/services were discussed, including: AWS Audit...
AWS re:Invent: 2020 Keynote Top Highlights and More
We’ve gotten through the first five days of the special all-virtual 2020 edition of AWS re:Invent. It’s always a really exciting time for practitioners in the field to see what features and services AWS has cooked up for the year ahead. This year’s conference is a marathon and not a...
WARNING: Great Cloud Content Ahead
At Cloud Academy, content is at the heart of what we do. We work with the world’s leading cloud and operations teams to develop video courses and learning paths that accelerate teams and drive digital transformation. First and foremost, we listen to our customers’ needs and we stay ahea...
Excelling in AWS, Azure, and Beyond – How Danut Prisacaru Prepares for the Future
Meet Danut Prisacaru. Danut has been a Software Architect for the past 10 years and has been involved in Software Engineering for 30 years. He’s passionate about software and learning, and jokes that coding is basically the only thing he can do well (!). We think his enthusiasm shines t...
New Content: AWS Data Analytics – Specialty Certification, Azure AI-900 Certification, Plus New Learning Paths, Courses, Labs, and More
This month our Content Team released two big certification Learning Paths: the AWS Certified Data Analytics - Speciality, and the Azure AI Fundamentals AI-900. In total, we released four new Learning Paths, 16 courses, 24 assessments, and 11 labs. New content on Cloud Academy At any ...
New Content: Azure DP-100 Certification, Alibaba Cloud Certified Associate Prep, 13 Security Labs, and Much More
This past month our Content Team served up a heaping spoonful of new and updated content. Not only did our experts release the brand new Azure DP-100 Certification Learning Path, but they also created 18 new hands-on labs — and so much more! New content on Cloud Academy At any time, y...
AWS Certification Practice Exam: What to Expect from Test Questions
If you’re building applications on the AWS cloud or looking to get started in cloud computing, certification is a way to build deep knowledge in key services unique to the AWS platform. AWS currently offers 12 certifications that cover major cloud roles including Solutions Architect, De...
Overcoming Unprecedented Business Challenges with AWS
From auto-scaling applications with high availability to video conferencing that’s used by everyone, every day — cloud technology has never been more popular or in-demand. But what does this mean for experienced cloud professionals and the challenges they face as they carve out a new p...
Constant Content: Cloud Academy’s Q3 2020 Roadmap
Hello — Andy Larkin here, VP of Content at Cloud Academy. I am pleased to release our roadmap for the next three months of 2020 — August through October. Let me walk you through the content we have planned for you and how this content can help you gain skills, get certified, and...
New Content: Alibaba, Azure AZ-303 and AZ-304, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation, Python 3 Programming, 16 Hands-on Labs, and Much More
This month our Content Team did an amazing job at publishing and updating a ton of new content. Not only did our experts release the brand new AZ-303 and AZ-304 Certification Learning Paths, but they also created 16 new hands-on labs — and so much more! New content on Cloud Academy At...
Blog Digest: Which Certifications Should I Get?, The 12 Microsoft Azure Certifications, 6 Ways to Prevent a Data Breach, and More
This month, we were excited to announce that Cloud Academy was recognized in the G2 Summer 2020 reports! These reports highlight the top-rated solutions in the industry, as chosen by the source that matters most: customers. We're grateful to have been nominated as a High Performer in se...