In my last blog post, we discussed the advantages of using the CipherGraph Cloud VPN solution to connect the Amazon VPC environment from office LANs or homes or any other locations. In this post, we will discuss how to deploy the CipherGraph solution to connect your VPC resources.
Here are the steps to deploy the CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway (CAG).
CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway(CAG) Server Setup
1. Create a VPC environment with at least 1 Public subnet and Multiple Private Subnets as shown in the below diagram.
2. Select the CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway AMI from Amazon Marketplace and create an instance within your public subnet of your VPC network
3. Please create at least with an m1.small instance, and follow the launch configuration steps
4. CipherGraph will create a new Security Group and a couple of rules also as part of the launch configuration. Please keep those rules as it is for testing, for production VPC you can change the rules as per your security compliance.
5. Associate an Elastic IP Address to the Instance
6. After the Instance Launch is complete, you can now open the CAG management console. You can access it by using the https://<Assigned Elastic IP Address>:9080/. For example, if the Elastic IP Address you assigned was 18.104.22.168 then the management console is at https://22.214.171.124:9080
username : cgnadmin
Password : <Your CAG Instance ID>. Example: i-12ab3de
7. After successful login, you can see the CAG management console home page.
8. Change the admin user default password by clicking on “Admin Console” on the left pane.
9. Please go through each menu item in the left pane to make yourself comfortable with the terminology
10. By default, CipherGraph will create the test user called “testuser” and publicly allowed access rule for testing. We will cover the user management and access rules in detail in the next blog post. For now, we will use “testuser” for our testing.
11. CAG cannot apply changes as you make changes to the configurations. In the left navigation menu “Apply Changes” menu item will be visible if you have any changes that still not yet applied. Once you finish your changes, click on “Apply Changes” navigation item and then you may either click on “Apply Changes” to take effect of your changes by CAG or “Discard Changes” to ignore the changes you made
Please add rules for Private Subnets machines security groups to allow the CAG server to communicate with those machines. These are the rules which will be allowed to connect your AWS resources from your Laptop, or Home PC or Tablet
CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway(CAG) Client Setup (Windows)
We will set up the CAG client application in your users’ laptops, or home PCs to establish a VPN connectivity with the VPC environment using CAG server. Here we will discuss how to set up the CAG client in Windows OS.
- Download the Client Application Installer depending on the OS type which you use and Client Configuration file (ciphergraph.cgn) from the Downloads menu. Also, distribute this installer & config file to the users who need access to the VPC environment. Here we will download the Windows Installer
Install the Client Application Installer and open the “Configure CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway” utility from your client machine
Import the downloaded configuration file to the above open utility and restart your client machine to take the effect of the change.
Run the “Connect CipherGraph” application from the start menu or Desktop and then click connect
Once connected a new browser window will be opened automatically, please enter your login/password given by your CipherGraph Admin. Here we have used the “testuser” account.
Congratulations! You are now connected to your VPC via CipherGraph CAG. You can start using your VPC resources via SSH, RDP or HTTP, etc.
Which Certifications Should I Get?
The old AWS slogan, “Cloud is the new normal” is indeed a reality today. Really, cloud has been the new normal for a while now and getting credentials has become an increasingly effective way to quickly showcase your abilities to recruiters and companies.With all that in mind, the s...
New Content: AWS, Azure, Typescript, Java, Docker, 13 New Labs, and Much More
This month, our Content Team released a whopping 13 new labs in real cloud environments! If you haven't tried out our labs, you might not understand why we think that number is so impressive. Our labs are not “simulated” experiences — they are real cloud environments using accounts on A...
Kickstart Your Tech Training With a Free Week on Cloud Academy
Are you looking to make a jump in your technical career? Want to get trained or certified on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, DevOps, Kubernetes, Python, or another in-demand skill?Then you'll want to mark your calendar. Starting Monday, June 22 at 12:00 a.m. PDT (3:00 a.m. EDT), ...
New Content: AZ-500 and AZ-400 Updates, 3 Google Professional Exam Preps, Practical ML Learning Path, C# Programming, and More
This month, our Content Team released tons of new content and labs in real cloud environments. Not only that, but we introduced our very first highly interactive "Office Hours" webinar. This webinar, Acing the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, started with a quick overvie...
Azure vs. AWS: Which Certification Provides the Brighter Future?
More and more companies are using cloud services, prompting more and more people to switch their current IT position to something cloud-related. The problem is most people only have that much time after work to learn new technologies, and there are plenty of cloud services that you can ...
Blog Digest: 5 Reasons to Get AWS Certified, OWASP Top 10, Getting Started with VPCs, Top 10 Soft Skills, and More
Thank you for being a valued member of our community! We recently sent out a short survey to understand what type of content you would like us to add to Cloud Academy, and we want to thank everyone who gave us their input. If you would like to complete the survey, it's not too late. It ...
New Content: Alibaba, Azure Cert Prep: AI-100, AZ-104, AZ-204 & AZ-400, Amazon Athena Playground, Google Cloud Developer Challenge, and much more
This month, our Content Team released 8 new learning paths, 4 courses, 7 labs in real cloud environments, and 4 new knowledge check assessments. Not only that, but we introduced our very first course on Alibaba Cloud, and our expert instructors are working 'round the clock to create 6 n...
Top 5 Reasons to Get AWS Certified Right Now
Cloud computing trends are on the rise and have been for some time already. Fortunately, it’s never too late to start learning cloud computing. Skills like AWS and others associated with cloud computing are in high demand because cloud technologies have become crucial for many businesse...
Introducing Our Newest Lab Environments: Lab Playgrounds
Want to train in a real cloud environment, but feel slowed down by spinning up your own deployments? When you consider security or pricing costs, it can be costly and challenging to get up to speed quickly for self-training. To solve this problem, Cloud Academy created a new suite of la...
Blog Digest: AWS Breaking News, Azure DevOps, AWS Study Guide, 8 Ways to Prevent a Ransomware Attack, and More
New articles by topicAWS Azure Data Science Google Cloud Cloud Adoption Platform Updates & New Content Security Women in TechAWSBreaking News: All AWS Certification Exams Now Available Online As an Advanced AWS Technology Partner, C...
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate: A Study Guide
Want to take a really impactful step in your technical career? Explore the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certificate. Its new version (SAA-C02) was released on March 23, 2020, though you can still take SAA-C01 through July 1, 2020. This post will focus on version SAA-C02.The AWS...
New on Cloud Academy: AWS Solutions Architect Exam Prep, Azure Courses, GCP Engineer Exam Prep, Programming, and More
Free content on Cloud Academy More and more customers are relying on our technology and content to keep upskilling their people in these months, and we are doing our best to keep supporting them. While the world fights the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to make a small contribution to he...