(Update March 2019) To get a definition of the roles needed to maximize your organization’s investment in cloud, explore the latest skills in demand by job role with Cloud Academy’s Cloud Roster™.
Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: Interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
This week we will focus on some particularly promising AWS Solutions Architect positions from around the world. If you are a big data guru, there is an interesting position available in New York City. If New York is just too crazy for you, then how about sunny Italy? If you have some experience in DevOps methodologies then you might want to check out the Cloud Architect position in Australia, working in either Sydney or Melbourne.
1. Cloud Architect
Bulletproof Group Limited – Sydney or Melbourne
Your aptitude and experience designing and consulting in AWS “Lift and Shift”, and / or DevOps CI/CD development projects liaising with existing Enterprise customers will be put to the test as part of Australia’s leading, smartest and friendliest team.
Your role will include working with new and existing customers and you will work closely with Sales Consultants, Technical Account Managers & Pre-Sales Engineers on identified AWS consulting and project opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A consultative, friendly yet focussed approach to sales
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts and liaise with administrative and technical teams
- Advanced AWS skills and experience (design & implementation of both lift and shift and/or CI/CD projects)
- Experience in DevOps methodologies
- Ideally VMware experience (design & implementation/deployments)
In addition to this, you will need to enjoy working with customers and have exceptional problem-solving skills.
2. “Big Data Architect” Sr. Solution Architect
GroupM – New York City
The Solution Architect will be expected to take on the following responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, development, and delivery of high performance, high availability and highly scalable applications
- Define the strategic direction for data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics initiatives for the enterprise
- Develops, documents and implement best practices for Big Data solutions and services
- Responsible for developing functional application specifications, systems design criteria.
- Be in constant communication with other members of the team and the management team.
- Evaluate scope and timeline of projects. Adhere to deliverables and delivery dates.
- Provide capacity planning, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Mentor team members. Ensure Big data paradigms and thinking permeate through the team.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex Big Data projects
- Engage with cross functional teams to implement solutions and services as part of an analytics platform
3. Big Data Engineer
Beintoo – Italia
As a Big Data Engineer, you will design, implement and maintain systems and algorithms for ingesting, analyzing, and serving large volumes of mobile, desktop and behavioral data. You will build products that connect and link multiple devices into a unified audience profile.
- Build and maintain pipelines and systems that support the ingestion and analysis of mobile data
- Build and maintain terabyte scale, distributed systems for matching and optimization algorithm and predictive modeling
- Collaborate with the data architect to design and build analytic systems that are scalable, reliable, and accurate
- Analyze large datasets to identify opportunities to tune and improve the system
- Identify the optimal approach for extracting valuable insights from Big data
4. Data Architect
Opus Resourcing Ltd – London
Experience of implementing and integrating and supporting substantial packaged and bespoke systems over geographically distributed sites using structured or unstructured methods.
- An understanding of Agile methodologies, standards, and process implementation and management.
- Experience of analysis and design of simple to complex data systems integration – sharing data between departments and with external suppliers and customers.
- Experience in data modeling methods and application of best principles of data integration, data warehouse, and ETL or ELT design.
- Experience with and within solution design in an enterprise environment.
- Physical database design/development in one or more major RDBMS (i.e. Oracle) and/or DW hardware or Software Appliances (i.e. MPP platforms).
- Proven experience in working with infrastructure teams for the design and implementation of technical architectures.
- The ability to take and influence technical decisions in a fast moving commercial environment.
- Essential knowledge that tactical design doesn’t always mean bad design.
5. Senior System Administrator / Cloud Architect (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech Holding SSL GmbH – Hamburg Area, Germany
You like the feel and power of working in a start-up? You want to make a real difference in our world-wide Infrastructure? Then join The Kreditech Group as our Senior System Administrator / Cloud Architect! You’ll work directly with the Infrastructure team.
Our vision is to become a “digital bank for everyone”. We use big data, algorithms and automated processes to offer financial products to the underbanked and the 4bn people with no credit score. “Kredi” stands for the subsidiaries issuing the credit to private individuals in currently nine countries. “Tech” is the Hamburg-based tech company developing banking technology.
Founded in 2012 by Sebastian Diemer (CEO) and Alexander Graubner-Müller (CTO), Kreditech Group has a revenue run rate of USD 50m and a team of 220 passionate employees from 40 nations working on the algo-banking of the future.
- Be responsible for Kreditech’s cloud infrastructure and the design, development, and administration of its next-generation architecture
- Lead all IT operations with regards to AWS and other PAAS services
- Ensure scalability and security of all components of production services
- Work closely with engineering to ensure seamless application deployments and delivery across all layers of the environment
- Setup monitoring processes and contingency procedures to ensure the highest level of stability
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Drive communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Learn, experience and apply groundbreaking technologies, such as Mesos and Kubernetes
New Content: Azure DP-100 Certification, Alibaba Cloud Certified Associate Prep, 13 Security Labs, and Much More
This past month our Content Team served up a heaping spoonful of new and updated content. Not only did our experts release the brand new Azure DP-100 Certification Learning Path, but they also created 18 new hands-on labs — and so much more! New content on Cloud Academy At any time, y...
AWS Certification Practice Exam: What to Expect from Test Questions
If you’re building applications on the AWS cloud or looking to get started in cloud computing, certification is a way to build deep knowledge in key services unique to the AWS platform. AWS currently offers 12 certifications that cover major cloud roles including Solutions Architect, De...
Overcoming Unprecedented Business Challenges with AWS
From auto-scaling applications with high availability to video conferencing that’s used by everyone, every day — cloud technology has never been more popular or in-demand. But what does this mean for experienced cloud professionals and the challenges they face as they carve out a new p...
Constant Content: Cloud Academy’s Q3 2020 Roadmap
Hello — Andy Larkin here, VP of Content at Cloud Academy. I am pleased to release our roadmap for the next three months of 2020 — August through October. Let me walk you through the content we have planned for you and how this content can help you gain skills, get certified, and...
New Content: Alibaba, Azure AZ-303 and AZ-304, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation, Python 3 Programming, 16 Hands-on Labs, and Much More
This month our Content Team did an amazing job at publishing and updating a ton of new content. Not only did our experts release the brand new AZ-303 and AZ-304 Certification Learning Paths, but they also created 16 new hands-on labs — and so much more! New content on Cloud Academy At...
Blog Digest: Which Certifications Should I Get?, The 12 Microsoft Azure Certifications, 6 Ways to Prevent a Data Breach, and More
This month, we were excited to announce that Cloud Academy was recognized in the G2 Summer 2020 reports! These reports highlight the top-rated solutions in the industry, as chosen by the source that matters most: customers. We're grateful to have been nominated as a High Performer in se...
Which Certifications Should I Get?
The old AWS slogan, “Cloud is the new normal” is indeed a reality today. Really, cloud has been the new normal for a while now and getting credentials has become an increasingly effective way to quickly showcase your abilities to recruiters and companies. With all that in mind, the s...
New Content: AWS, Azure, Typescript, Java, Docker, 13 New Labs, and Much More
This month, our Content Team released a whopping 13 new labs in real cloud environments! If you haven't tried out our labs, you might not understand why we think that number is so impressive. Our labs are not “simulated” experiences — they are real cloud environments using accounts on A...
Kickstart Your Tech Training With a Free Week on Cloud Academy
Are you looking to make a jump in your technical career? Want to get trained or certified on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, DevOps, Kubernetes, Python, or another in-demand skill? Then you'll want to mark your calendar. Starting Monday, June 22 at 12:00 a.m. PDT (3:00 a.m. EDT), ...
New Content: AZ-500 and AZ-400 Updates, 3 Google Professional Exam Preps, Practical ML Learning Path, C# Programming, and More
This month, our Content Team released tons of new content and labs in real cloud environments. Not only that, but we introduced our very first highly interactive "Office Hours" webinar. This webinar, Acing the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, started with a quick overvie...
Azure vs. AWS: Which Certification Provides the Brighter Future?
More and more companies are using cloud services, prompting more and more people to switch their current IT position to something cloud-related. The problem is most people only have that much time after work to learn new technologies, and there are plenty of cloud services that you can ...
Blog Digest: 5 Reasons to Get AWS Certified, OWASP Top 10, Getting Started with VPCs, Top 10 Soft Skills, and More
Thank you for being a valued member of our community! We recently sent out a short survey to understand what type of content you would like us to add to Cloud Academy, and we want to thank everyone who gave us their input. If you would like to complete the survey, it's not too late. It ...