Cloud Academy is always on the lookout for the most promising Cloud Computing opportunities.
Employers: interested in reaching our readers with your job openings? Send us an email.
This week we will focus on some particularly promising AWS Solutions Architect positions from around the world. If you are a big data guru, there is an interesting position available in New York City. If New York is just too crazy for you, then how about sunny Italy? If you have some experience in DevOps methodologies then you might want to check out the Cloud Architect position in Australia, working in either Sydney or Melbourne.
1. Cloud Architect
Bulletproof Group Limited – Sydney or Melbourne
Your aptitude and experience designing and consulting in AWS “Lift and Shift”, and / or DevOps CI/CD development projects liaising with existing Enterprise customers will be put to the test as part of Australia’s leading, smartest and friendliest team.
Your role will include working with new and existing customers and you will work closely with Sales Consultants, Technical Account Managers & Pre-Sales Engineers on identified AWS consulting and project opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A consultative, friendly yet focussed approach to sales
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts and liaise with administrative and technical teams
- Advanced AWS skills and experience (design & implementation of both lift and shift and/or CI/CD projects)
- Experience in DevOps methodologies
- Ideally VMware experience (design & implementation/deployments)
In addition to this, you will need to enjoy working with customers and have exceptional problem solving skills.
2. “Big Data Architect” Sr. Solution Architect
GroupM – New York City
The Solution Architect will be expected to take on the following responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, development and delivery of high performance, high availability and high scalable applications
- Define the strategic direction for data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics initiatives for the enterprise
- Develops, documents and implement best practices for Big Data solutions and services
- Responsible for developing functional application specifications, systems design criteria.
- Be in constant communication with other members of the team and the management team.
- Evaluate scope and timeline of projects. Adhere to deliverables and delivery dates.
- Provide capacity planning, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Mentor team members. Ensure Big data paradigms and thinking permeate through the team.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex Big Data projects
- Engage with cross functional teams to implement solutions and services as part of analytics platform
Beintoo – Italia
As a Big Data Engineer, you will design, implement and maintain systems and algorithms for ingesting, analyzing, and serving large volumes of mobile, desktop and behavioral data. You will build products that connect and link multiple devices into a unified audience profile.
- Build and maintain pipelines and systems that support the ingestion and analysis of mobile data
- Build and maintain terabyte scale, distributed systems for matching and optimization algorithm and predictive modeling
- Collaborate with the data architect to design and build analytic systems that are scalable, reliable, and accurate
- Analyze large datasets to identify opportunities to tune and improve the system
- Identify the optimal approach for extracting valuable insights from Big data
Opus Resourcing Ltd – London
Experience of implementing and integrating and supporting substantial packaged and bespoke systems over geographically distributed sites using structured or unstructured methods.
- An understanding of Agile methodologies, standards and process implementation and management.
- Experience of analysis and design of simple to complex data systems integration – sharing data between departments and with external suppliers and customers.
- Experience in data modelling methods and application of best principles of data integration, data warehouse and ETL or ELT design.
- Experience with and within solution design in an enterprise environment.
- Physical database design/development in one or more major RDBMS (i.e. Oracle) and/or DW hardware or Software Appliances (i.e. MPP platforms).
- Proven experience in working with infrastructure teams for the design and implementation of technical architectures.
- The ability to take and influence technical decisions in a fast moving commercial environment.
- Essential knowledge that tactical design doesn’t always mean bad design.
Kreditech Holding SSL GmbH – Hamburg Area, Germany
You like the feel and power of working in a start-up? You want to make a real difference in our world-wide Infrastructure? Then join The Kreditech Group as our Senior System Administrator / Cloud Architect! You’ll work directly with the Infrastructure team.
Our vision is to become a “digital bank for everyone”. We use big data, algorithms and automated processes to offer financial products to the underbanked and the 4bn people with no credit score. “Kredi” stands for the subsidiaries issuing credit to private individuals in currently nine countries. “Tech” is the Hamburg-based tech company developing banking technology.
Founded in 2012 by Sebastian Diemer (CEO) and Alexander Graubner-Müller (CTO), Kreditech Group has a revenue run rate of USD 50m and a team of 220 passionate employees from 40 nations working on the algo-banking of the future.
- Be responsible for Kreditech’s cloud infrastructure and the design, development and administration of its next generation architecture
- Lead all IT operations with regards to AWS and other PAAS services
- Ensure scalability and security of all components of production services
- Work closely with engineering to ensure seamless application deployments and delivery across all layers of the environment
- Setup monitoring processes and contingency procedures to ensure highest level of stability
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Drive communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Learn, experience and apply ground breaking technologies, such as Mesos and Kubernetes
Two New EC2 Instance Types Announced at AWS re:Invent 2018 – Monday Night Live
Let’s look at what benefits these two new EC2 instance types offer and how these two new instances could be of benefit to you. Both of the new instance types are built on the AWS Nitro System. The AWS Nitro System improves the performance of processing in virtualized environments by...
Google Cloud Certification: Preparation and Prerequisites
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) has evolved from being a niche player to a serious competitor to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. In 2018, research firm Gartner placed Google in the Leaders quadrant in its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service for the first time. In t...
Understanding AWS VPC Egress Filtering Methods
Security in AWS is governed by a shared responsibility model where both vendor and subscriber have various operational responsibilities. AWS assumes responsibility for the underlying infrastructure, hardware, virtualization layer, facilities, and staff while the subscriber organization ...
S3 FTP: Build a Reliable and Inexpensive FTP Server Using Amazon’s S3
Is it possible to create an S3 FTP file backup/transfer solution, minimizing associated file storage and capacity planning administration headache?FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a fast and convenient way to transfer large files over the Internet. You might, at some point, have conf...
Microservices Architecture: Advantages and Drawbacks
Microservices are a way of breaking large software projects into loosely coupled modules, which communicate with each other through simple Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).Microservices have become increasingly popular over the past few years. The modular architectural style,...
What Are Best Practices for Tagging AWS Resources?
There are many use cases for tags, but what are the best practices for tagging AWS resources? In order for your organization to effectively manage resources (and your monthly AWS bill), you need to implement and adopt a thoughtful tagging strategy that makes sense for your business. The...
How to Optimize Amazon S3 Performance
Amazon S3 is the most common storage options for many organizations, being object storage it is used for a wide variety of data types, from the smallest objects to huge datasets. All in all, Amazon S3 is a great service to store a wide scope of data types in a highly available and resil...
How to Optimize Cloud Costs with Spot Instances: New on Cloud Academy
One of the main promises of cloud computing is access to nearly endless capacity. However, it doesn’t come cheap. With the introduction of Spot Instances for Amazon Web Services’ Elastic Compute Cloud (AWS EC2) in 2009, spot instances have been a way for major cloud providers to sell sp...
What are the Benefits of Machine Learning in the Cloud?
A Comparison of Machine Learning Services on AWS, Azure, and Google CloudArtificial intelligence and machine learning are steadily making their way into enterprise applications in areas such as customer support, fraud detection, and business intelligence. There is every reason to beli...
How to Use AWS CLI
The AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) is for managing your AWS services from a terminal session on your own client, allowing you to control and configure multiple AWS services.So you’ve been using AWS for awhile and finally feel comfortable clicking your way through all the services....
AWS Summit Chicago: New AWS Features Announced
Thousands of cloud practitioners descended on Chicago’s McCormick Place West last week to hear the latest updates around Amazon Web Services (AWS). While a typical hot and humid summer made its presence known outside, attendees inside basked in the comfort of air conditioning to hone th...
From Monolith to Serverless – The Evolving Cloudscape of Compute
Containers can help fragment monoliths into logical, easier to use workloads. The AWS Summit New York was held on July 17 and Cloud Academy sponsored my trip to the event. As someone who covers enterprise cloud technologies and services, the recent Amazon Web Services event was an insig...